07-06-2019 07:07 AM
26 12
tools Reply
    I'll connect say, my headset to Bluetooth, it'll connect (my headset will say "your device is connected" then it will start looping connected/disconnected over and over. It does this when I connect anything through Bluetooth.
    07-05-2019 08:39 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Does this also happen in Safe Mode?
    07-05-2019 12:09 PM
    I'm running on a Lect-tab1011 an Android based tablet. The OS is somewhat restricted in that I can't get into debug mode for Bluetooth, can't seem to get into safe mode, etc. It's what I'm stuck with so I've got to work with what I have. :-(. Thanks by the way for any help you can give me!
    07-05-2019 12:27 PM
    Running v 6.00 Android with a March 4, 2019 patch level.
    (I'm not a complete dufus, I spent 20 yrs. as a software developer, but now I suffer Parkinson's with extreme cognitive difficulties, which makes even the most trivial problems difficult.)
    07-05-2019 12:32 PM
    Hmm, most devices should let you boot into Safe Mode. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If that method doesn't work, then try rebooting and holding Vol Down throughout the boot process.

Another possibility is interference from 2.4 GHz wi-fi. Turn off wi-fi temporarily to see if the Bluetooth connection keeps dropping.
    07-05-2019 02:32 PM
    OK, got it into safe mode, but couldn't test it out with anything. when I rebooted the moment I connected to the Bluetooth it started ounce again. It's not interference with Wi-Fi, when I'm away from the house like this morning, Wi-Fi was turned off. when I try playing media audio, like from Amazon music or try and reconnect the Alexa the problem starts again.
    07-05-2019 03:17 PM
    Able to get it to boot up in safe mode, and it didn't throttle, but of course, I couldn't tell test it out trying to play media audio through it (the problem started trying to reconnect Alexa, or something like Amazon Music). I can't get to those apps in safe mode.
    07-05-2019 05:08 PM
    it's not a problem with interference with 2.4 GHz WiFi, because away from home I turn WiFi off.
    07-05-2019 05:10 PM
    Ok. One more time. I've answered the first part of this now for the third time. (please understand the frustration) Ok. I was able to get it into safe mode, and was able to get the headset to connect and not throttle, but not really able to test it fully because the problem really manifest it self when I then go and try and connect to something like Amazon's Music or to my Alexa Dot, which won't run when running in safe mode, so I couldn't really see if it was continuing to throttle or not.
    07-05-2019 05:55 PM
    Sorry, it's not your fault -- sometimes the forum software flags certain posts as potential spam for bizarre or cryptic reasons. It's then up to a Mod to see that post and approve it.

Are you able to try streaming music from some website using the browser? Or what about YouTube? The reason I'm focusing on this is to determine if the problem is due to some app you installed at some point. If the problem doesn't happen in Safe Mode, then that's the likely reason (although it can be tedious to try to narrow it down further -- you usually have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away).
    07-05-2019 08:10 PM
    I finally figured it had to be something I had installed, so I've done a wipe and reinstall, keeping only the apps I figured I couldn't live without. Now I'm just waiting on all the updates and data to come back from the cloud (my pictures seem to be lost). We'll see what happens.
    07-05-2019 08:26 PM
    ok. wiped my tablet clean. reinstalled just minimum apps. Looks like I've done all that for nothing. problem still exist, and now I seem to have lost all my pictures. 😟
    07-05-2019 09:29 PM
    Sorry about the pictures -- you didn't back them up anywhere? Or use Google Photos auto-backup? Go to photos.google.com on your computer browser and see if they're there.

It's not clear yet to me if you were able to duplicate the problem in Safe Mode. You mentioned reinstalling minimal apps -- the fact that you did install some apps could still be part of the problem.

Ultimately, the problem may be with the device's physical Bluetooth radio, which you can't do much about besides bringing it to a repair shop. This is why I'm focusing so much on software, since that's something you can control.
    07-05-2019 09:57 PM
    They were all out on the cloud, accessible also off line, so I figured they were backup safe in cloud storage. I'm too bad off considering, I can still access most of my accounts, banking passwords, etc, so I feel blessed. My carefully set up desktop is all messed up, not an easy thing to deal with when you suffer dementias...you end up thinking "did I screw this up myself and forget I did it?" :-)
    07-05-2019 10:08 PM
    isn't that part of Google 1? When I first went there I got a notice that Google 1 was going away, so I never loaded it. Scared I'd start using it and it'd go away! :-(
    07-05-2019 10:19 PM
    ok, I installed Google 1, google also shows I have a backup of configuration data, but doesn't allow me to restore from it! confused.
    07-05-2019 10:44 PM
    Sorry B Diddy for being a bother. :-(
    07-05-2019 10:45 PM
    Google Photos and Google Drive are somewhat related, but the auto-backup feature for photos is controlled entirely by the Google Photos app. Google One is the odd branding that they came up with for their consumer cloud storage plans. I don't think the Google One app does anything besides give you general info on how much of your Google Drive storage you've used, manage whatever subscriptions you've paid for, and give you some special offers. The Google Drive app is still what you use to manage your storage.

The main way that Google One and Google Photos intersect is that if you backup photos using the Original Quality setting (and you don't have a Pixel phone), the cloud storage used by those photos counts against your total Google One/Google Drive limit. If you use the High Quality setting (slightly compressed, maximum of 16 megapixel quality), you get unlimited photo storage, so in that case, your Google One storage limit doesn't matter.

The backup data in your Google Drive is only used if you're setting up a phone from scratch and want to restore the data from a previous phone. The backed up data doesn't include everything -- only certain components (and it's not always very clear, see this: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2819582?hl=en).
    07-06-2019 12:06 AM
    I could care about the limit quite frankly. here is another bit of data that might help. When I call up Google Drive (now it's Google 1 because I was stupid enough to go ahead and purchase the extra"feature" there is a option in the pull down that says "Backups" if I select it, it shows a file with a cloud icon, that says LECT-TAB1110 backup. If I select it, it takes me to a list where one of the items says (with a cloud icon) Device Setting. If I select it an informational pop up displays saying it is my device settings, desktop, WiFi passwords, but it does not have a way to restore from it!
    07-06-2019 12:18 AM
    Right, because it's intended for when you set up a new device. If you did a factory reset of the tablet and then went through the set up process again, at some point it should give you the option of restoring from a previous backup. But, as mentioned before, that isn't a full backup of every single bit of data. Only certain items.
    07-06-2019 12:22 AM
    I tried to contact support (now that I'm paying for it because I foolishly paid for this 1Drive nonsense, but their tech support just kept asking me if I could see the original data. Well, if I could see the original data, why would I need to restore it? So Android shows me it has it backed up but apparently I need to have a copy of it to restore it! That seems foolish but oh well!
    07-06-2019 12:24 AM
    it never gave me the option to restore any of that. No choice to choose which copy for my desktop settings etc.
    07-06-2019 12:26 AM
    So, I've reinstalled, lost my desktop, lost my pictures, purchased another option I don't need and still have my original problem, just now I have more problems and more expense! doesn't Android have any idea how lopsided this OS is? Plus, I find that tech support has no way to remote into a clients system to try to correct problems. That to me is very short sighted. B. Diddy, I want to thank you for giving above and beyond to try and help me. Right now I am not very pleased with Android, even less so because I have been lured into giving more money to Google and getting nothing from! Not your fault, but as I said I'm not too pleased with Google right now!
    07-06-2019 12:35 AM
    I'm going to put this away before I end up throwing it away! Go get me a cup of coffee and rethink this. I am really not too pleased with this whole thing. Hell, Alexa just gave me suggestions for "Kitty Killin" in my Amazon Prime account. so neither my cat nor I am pleased! Thanks for your time and effort in tying to assist me! You have been most kind!
    07-06-2019 12:41 AM
    Sorry, I realize this can be confusing. One last attempt, at least about your pictures: on your computer browser, go to photos.google.com and make sure you're logged into your Google account. Are any of your lost pictures there?
    07-06-2019 03:10 AM
26 12