Where did my pictures go once I backed them up on the LG G5?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

A while back, my phone asked me to back up my gallery photos to free up space. I did this, assuming they would be uploaded to my Google Drive. I then checked my Drive and the pictures were nowhere to be found. I checked my settings, and my Gallery wasn't even one of the things checked off to sync to my Google Drive. I've searched through all of the folders and searched for different keywords, but there is nothing. I don't have any other accounts hooked up to my phone, and don't have an external memory card.
Where would these have went otherwise??

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If it was a Google notice, try checking the Photos app. That backs up to Google, but I don't believe is part of the Google Drive storage.

If it wasn't a Google notice, do you recall which service it was that asked that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with Mooncatt. When Google Photos automatically backs up photos to your Google Photos library in the cloud, they don't automatically appear in your Google Drive unless you have that setting turned on (but that connection between Drive and Photos is going away anyway, so this discussion will become irrelevant soon: https://www.blog.google/products/photos/simplifying-google-photos-and-google-drive/

Besides looking in your Google Photos app, you can also go to photos.google.com on your computer browser to check there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma