I cannot click 'Allow' for app permissions

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I have had my smartphone for about 1-2 years now and I've had this problem the whole time. I have never been able to find an answer online. Whenever I open an app and it asks for permission, I cannot tap allow, only deny. So every time this happens I have to navigate through settings and manually allow the permissions for the app. I have tried putting my phone in safe mode to disable 3rd party apps and I still have the issue (I tested with the camera app by turning the permission off). I have no idea what this could be. I am on android 7.1 and my phone is a Ulefone T1 (good phone, just this problem). Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks!

Odonix

Jul 8, 2019
Visit site
So every app your going In to is asking permission ?

Yes, since I reset the app preferences, the apps are asking for the permissions again. I have the file manager that came with the phone and another one called fx file manager or something, but that probably wouldn't be it since I've had the problem before installing it. And could I simply disable 360 Security? Or does it not block it as compared to uninstalling it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, since I reset the app preferences, the apps are asking for the permissions again. I have the file manager that came with the phone and another one called fx file manager or something, but that probably wouldn't be it since I've had the problem before installing it. And could I simply disable 360 Security? Or does it not block it as compared to uninstalling it?

I would uninstall them just for the sake of testing this out , so we can determine this. You can always install them back.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What would you do/check with it in hand? Lol

You can get a clearer picture what's going on when you see the phone , I'm going by what your saying and doing.
It's like a mechanic telling you how to fix your car over the phone lol
We tried many steps to troubleshoot this , whats your take on this at this point ?

Odonix

Jul 8, 2019
Visit site
You can get a clearer picture what's going on when you see the phone , I'm going by what your saying and doing.
It's like a mechanic telling you how to fix your car over the phone lol
We tried many steps to troubleshoot this , whats your take on this at this point ?

Well, all I know is that when I clear app preferences, it will work for a while. This probably means that an app, when it's preferences are reset, no longer restricts me from tapping allow, but after a while eventually, it gets the ability to do so again. How to narrow down what app that is doing this would probably be a good start. The question is, is it a stock app or a 3rd party app? When resetting app preferences I had reset the preferences for both stock and 3rd party apps. If it ends up being a stock app, that makes it easier, as there aren't many of those to go through compared to 3rd party apps I have installed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, all I know is that when I clear app preferences, it will work for a while. This probably means that an app, when it's preferences are reset, no longer restricts me from tapping allow, but after a while eventually, it gets the ability to do so again. How to narrow down what app that is doing this would probably be a good start. The question is, is it a stock app or a 3rd party app? When resetting app preferences I had reset the preferences for both stock and 3rd party apps. If it ends up being a stock app, that makes it easier, as there aren't many of those to go through compared to 3rd party apps I have installed.

And you did safe mode ? In that mode it turns off all 3rd party apps you downloaded

Odonix

Jul 8, 2019
Visit site
And you did safe mode ? In that mode it turns off all 3rd party apps you downloaded

Yeah, safe mode turns off the 3rd party apps, I'm not sure if it does all of them, I don't know too much about android lol, but it doesn't let me open them when I have tapped on a few. So I guess it is a stock app. I guess I have to go through each and disable them until it works.