I cannot click 'Allow' for app permissions

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I have had my smartphone for about 1-2 years now and I've had this problem the whole time. I have never been able to find an answer online. Whenever I open an app and it asks for permission, I cannot tap allow, only deny. So every time this happens I have to navigate through settings and manually allow the permissions for the app. I have tried putting my phone in safe mode to disable 3rd party apps and I still have the issue (I tested with the camera app by turning the permission off). I have no idea what this could be. I am on android 7.1 and my phone is a Ulefone T1 (good phone, just this problem). Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I have had my smartphone for about 1-2 years now and I've had this problem the whole time. I have never been able to find an answer online. Whenever I open an app and it asks for permission, I cannot tap allow, only deny. So every time this happens I have to navigate through settings and manually allow the permissions for the app. I have tried putting my phone in safe mode to disable 3rd party apps and I still have the issue (I tested with the camera app by turning the permission off). I have no idea what this could be. I am on android 7.1 and my phone is a Ulefone T1 (good phone, just this problem). Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks!
Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh yes, you're right -- sorry, I must have missed the bit about the problem still happening in Safe Mode.:-\

Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators -- anything listed there besides the usual?
Also gets tricky because they on Android 7.1 so some of our method might not work like I mentioned app preference reset , might not be available.

Odonix

Jul 8, 2019
Visit site
Oh yes, you're right -- sorry, I must have missed the bit about the problem still happening in Safe Mode.:-\

Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators -- anything listed there besides the usual?

I went there and there are 2 things, 1) Find My Device, which is turned on, and 2) Sleep as Android, which is turned off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was this phone provided by a workplace, or did you ever submit it to your workplace to install any kind of business communication software? Just making sure it doesn't have any device management software installed.

Also, did the phone come with any kind of security software preinstalled?

Odonix

Jul 8, 2019
Visit site
Was this phone provided by a workplace, or did you ever submit it to your workplace to install any kind of business communication software? Just making sure it doesn't have any device management software installed.

Also, did the phone come with any kind of security software preinstalled?

No, I bought this phone myself and never gave it to any workplace. I installed 360 Security on it but I have tried uninstalling it and still have the issue, but once again, its a 3rd party app lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Resetting app preference? What is that? Also if that is resetting things back to default, im 95% sure that this has been an issue since I have had the phone.
No is not factory reset , I'm not sure if 7.1 Android had it , but in settings >apps>3 Dots in upper right corner tap it and check if it there ?

Odonix

Jul 8, 2019
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37