Why does my home wifi say disabled?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just got a Coolpad Legacy, and attempted to sign into my home wifi, but it did not work. I had to sign into my previous phone's hotspot to get it to connect, and it connected fine to my hotspot. But when attempting to sign into my home wifi, it will say "Saved, Connecting" and repeat that a few times, then it will say "disabled." I've reset my phone, and even reset my network settings, but that has not worked. The phone is the latest version or Android. Is there anything I could do to fix this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Set your router to open (no password), "Forget" the connection in the Legacy, then try to connect.

If that doesn't work (and I can't see that happening), there's something strange wrong with the Legacy.

If it works, put the password back in the router, forget the connection in the Legacy again and try to connect (it should ask you for a password). Then it should connect.

(If you've ever connected to a router with the same SSID, but different encryption or a different password, it won't connect to a different router set up the same way. (And since most routers come with the same SSID [like a Linksys router would come with the SSID linksys], if you don't change your SSID, that could happen. (Especially if a neighbor has the same make router without a changed SSID and you connected to it once.)

A

Android Central Question

Why will my phone not connect to my wifi?

I recently purchased a Coolpad Legacy, with connectivity of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. I tried to connect it to my Wifi router, but it does not connect. It will say saved, connecting, authenticating, and then it will simply say disabled after it repeats that several times. I know it is not a hardware issue with the phone itself, as it connects to my other phones hot-spot, and the Wifi at my office just fine. My router transmits both 5Ghz, and 2.4Ghz. I have no clue what to do anymore. I've attempted to connect using WPS, which will initially work, but it will get stuck on the connecting screen. I've tried everything from resetting my network settings, to even resetting my entire phone. Nothing has worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

meganturner1093

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
Set your router to open (no password), "Forget" the connection in the Legacy, then try to connect.

If that doesn't work (and I can't see that happening), there's something strange wrong with the Legacy.

If it works, put the password back in the router, forget the connection in the Legacy again and try to connect (it should ask you for a password). Then it should connect.

(If you've ever connected to a router with the same SSID, but different encryption or a different password, it won't connect to a different router set up the same way. (And since most routers come with the same SSID [like a Linksys router would come with the SSID linksys], if you don't change your SSID, that could happen. (Especially if a neighbor has the same make router without a changed SSID and you connected to it once.)

So, I'm having this same problem. I have tried exactly what you said to do. It worked when there was no password. I was able to connect and use the WiFi. When I tried to connect after I put the password back, it was back to not working. Do you have any suggestions on what I can try next?

ToxicFox

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
So I know this thread is old but I came across the same issue kept trying to connect and wouldn't work would say error and disabled. This happened after my phone did a system update. I did so much googling for the life of me I couldn't find crap.

Well I'm happy to say after messing around in the WiFi settings for hours just trying to figure it out myself. I finally did it! So simple too 🤦🏻

Step 1: forget your WiFi network your trying to connect to.

Step 2: click that WiFi again. BEFORE YOU ENTER YOUR PASSWORD click advanced options under where you type password scroll down to privacy and change it to **Use device MAC**

Step 3: enter password again and connect! :)