i was just gifted this Huawei Honor 4a with model number scl-tl00 but it can't install any app, whenever i try installing an app, it says 'Apps not Installed'......i have tried everything i know, it's still not working..pls help urgently
    07-09-2019 07:21 PM
    I guess let's start at the beginning...

Gifted so does that mean that you factory reset the device or was it given to you in a fresh state where you had to set it up as you would a new device?

How well do you know the gift giver? I mean well enough that you know this was their device, you'd seen them using it before, or well enough that "hey it's a free phone"?

Is the device setup with your Gmail account?

Does the device have service through a cell carrier?

Can you make and receive calls and text?

Well since you can't install any apps on the device there is nothing to loose, so my first suggestion would be to factory reset the phone. If they did it before giving it to you, a smart thing to do any time a phone exchanges hands, or if you did it before setting it up something may have gone wrong. A glitch is just that a glitch and it can happen just as easily while being reset as it can any other time.

The reason I asked so many questions about the origins of the device is because a locked, "dirty" "bad", ENS can prevent the phone from being usable. So if they still owed on it, a carrier might lock the ENS, if it was lost or stolen, a carrier or insurance might lock the ENS, and this would stop installation of anything even if a way was found around the security lock.

You can open the Play Store see the apps and go to their pages but when hitting install...

it downloads the file but won't install it? (shows no progress in the installation)

it fails to even download the app?

it downloads the app begins the install and fails? (shows some progress in the installation)

Become a member to reply to this thread. Having a two way conversation can make solving issues easier.
    07-09-2019 08:15 PM
    i can do every other thing except install apps, and yes i am well acquinted with the person that gave it to me.
    07-09-2019 08:47 PM
    i can do every other thing except install apps, and yes i am well acquinted with the person that gave it to me.
    Have you tried a second factory reset? Since you have very little on the device that would probably be where is start.

What phone is it?
    07-10-2019 04:11 AM
    Has this phone ever worked with Play Store? It is a Chinese device and the Chinese Government won't allow Google on these devices.
    The most recent article I could find is here https://itechify.com/2016/10/28/down...-huawei-phone/

Have a look at the second and third solutions
    07-10-2019 04:41 AM