When trying to download or update apps on my nook tablet 7 I keep getting the prompt to free up space. I have 57 GB available on an SD card that's formatted as internal storage (rather than portable). I do have very little space left on what's actually marked as internal storage in settings. When I first downloaded a few of my apps they did go automatically to the SD card, though with previous updates I noticed that they would move back to internal storage and I had to put them back on the card. Is there something else I have to do to for the google play store to recognize that I have space/download apps and updates directly to the SD card?
    07-09-2019 10:29 PM
    There's not really much you can do. Even with adoptable storage apps still go to internal memory of the device, not the card unless they have been written in such a way that they can be moved. Adoptable storage is not the cure all for ow memory devices and the potential for card failure and loss of ALL data is high
    Rukbat likes this.
    07-10-2019 07:25 AM
    Adoptable storage is a stop-gap measure - you stick in a card to be able to keep using the phone just until you can get a phone with larger internal storage. It was never meant as a way to keep enlarging the storage of the phone indefinitely.

And, as @Galactic Zoo said, the risk is high. SD cards aren't made to be written to constantly, but any app that end up on the card is going to be writing constantly, eventually causing the card to fail, and you lose all the apps and all the data (and pictures, music, etc.) that ended up on the card.
    07-10-2019 02:40 PM