I forgot direction lock code. I was trying the new features, accidentally i enabled that. Now only finger print is working. Kindly help me out
    07-10-2019 12:38 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

What phone do you have?

Are you able to use your fingerprint and then go to security settings and change your pattern?

Please let us know if that works, or if you need further assistance.
    07-10-2019 12:42 AM
    I haven't seen the device yet that will allow you access to your security settings with biometrics. That is why it is important to remember these things or use passwords that can be kept in a safe place. If you have access to the device via fingerprint you should backup as much as possible now before you get locked out because eventually it is going to ask for your pattern, password or pin code and then you will be locked out, unless you remember it. Meanwhile once you are locked out you probably have to factory reset the device, if you attempt to do it from settings, provided you are able to access the phone, you will not be able to factory reset it from there because it will ask for confirmation through pattern, password or pin code before allowing the reset.

On the off chance you have a Samsung, since we don't know what device you have, Samsung offers a "Find My Mobile" tool that would allow you unlock the device and maybe change the security factor... I know you can unlock but I can't remember if you can change it also...? Anyway if you have a Samsung account you should at least check it out.

We will in no way help you, advise you or steer you to a solution to by-pass a security setting.
    07-10-2019 02:11 AM