My Samsung S7 microphone is not working, How come?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes they can't hear you... So the problem comes and goes? That sounds like an app might be tying up your mic and not allowing other apps to use it. I would start by going into Settings>Applications and permissions. Then taking microphone permission from all apps. Don't worry if the app needs the microphone permission when you open the app for the first time it will request it again and that will be how you find the app responsible. We'll get to that in a minute. With all microphone permissions turned off make a call or video and see if the mic works. If it does then just keep track of which apps ask for permission and when as you go about your routine and the first time you notice issues think back to the last app or two that requested permission and you will likely find the culprit.

If you were just using sometimes as a figure of speech or misspoke still try the permissions thing. Since I know this device has two mics and neither is working I'm reluctant to think it's a damaged mic because one, ok maybe but both at the same time seems unlikely. Blockage also seems unlikely again both at the same time, plus the small size of the opening to each mic doesn't seem possible unless you are or have been somewhere where there's fine dirt, dust or debris?

Try the permissions thing, you could also try starting the device in Safe Mode and seeing if the issue happens then. In Safe Mode the device shouldn't start any apps that you don't open, so immediately try to make a call once the device is started. This will be the best opportunity to try the phone with as little open as possible. It will be similar to disabling the mic permission except it should also prevent a problem app from opening and doing anything else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek