I charge my battery. I turn my phone on. The battery says 99%. I open Google in 5 minutes. My battery says 80%. My phone would start to say, SHUTTING DOWN ---> POWING OFF (LOW BATTERY) I think I have a bad battery. Please let me know how to fix it. My phone is ZTE. Model number: Z799VL. Baseband Version: Z799VLB01
    07-11-2019 09:53 AM
    Rather than try to fix a bad battery, you may find it easier to replace it.
    07-11-2019 12:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How old is the phone? If it's pretty new and still under warranty, contact ZTE. Otherwise, if you want to try replacing it yourself, search the web for DIY sites or videos on how to replace the battery for that phone. But if you don't have any experience with this, then I strongly recommend bringing the phone to a repair shop instead, as suggested by belodion above. Good luck!
    07-11-2019 07:35 PM
    And if it's old enough, remember that manufacturers order enough batteries for the number of phones they make, and the battery manufacturer adds a certain percent to that to sell various vendors as replacements. Then they stop. So if it's a 2 year old phone, you're going to get a 2 year old battery - which may be no better than the one you have.

Also, if you keep running the phone until it powers off, you're killing the battery. Never let a lithium battery drop to below 40% before either charging it or turning it off. Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-12-2019 05:55 PM