Changing default location of the call recordings

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

How the default location of the call recordings could be changed in Not 9?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There is no special app, I assume that is s a built-in feature of the device or Android..

How contacting developer?
I've yet to see any phone with its own built in ability to record a phone call (nor would I expect such a feature due to the questionable legalities of doing so). How are you even accessing an ability to record it? My wife has the Note 9 too, so I could try to verify its existence and then go from there.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Note 9 does record calls see https://techlector.com/how-to-record-a-call-on-samsung-galaxy-note-9/
This is an old article because Pie release killed it. I found it hard to believe a Samsung had this feature
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. I know in the U.S, it's extremely easy to get charged with a federal crime for recording calls unless you do everything juuuuuuuust right to comply with the laws. Seems allowing that by default would open up Samsung to litigation.

Joe173

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
Today devices have all kind of abilities , where recording call is only one of many. You can claim same on built in camera, microphone.. or even a sensor that scans your finger prints. What's the difference?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Today devices have all kind of abilities , where recording call is only one of many. You can claim same on built in camera, microphone.. or even a sensor that scans your finger prints. What's the difference?

In U.S. law, it's a violation of the right to privacy issue. For phone calls, some states only require one party to consent to the recording. Other states require all parties to consent. If you're in a one party state and record a call with someone in an all party state, they can still come after you. That's why most businesses you call have a notification that a call may be recorded; you continuing after that point is considered consent.

For audio/video recording, similar issues still exist, but are not the norm. Most people know if they are being recorded locally, unlike recording a call where they could be entrapped. For fingerprint scanners, you consented by registering your prints, so there is no issue there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463