Videos still show up on my storage

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung s8+. I deleted 1 GB of videos from gallery. I don't see them anymore on my gallery however it shows up on my storage that there are 1GB of videos. How is that possible? I tried restarting the phone with no use

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Using a file manager app, look directly in the directory where those videos were saved. Do you still see the files there? If you took the videos using your Camera app, they should be in the /DCIM/Camera directory.

aboalzeez

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Using a file manager app, look directly in the directory where those videos were saved. Do you still see the files there? If you took the videos using your Camera app, they should be in the /DCIM/Camera directory.
No they're not videos I took with my camera, but I still can't see them in my file manager.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try turning the phone off, removing the SD card, then turning it back on, to see if the space they were using is still showing as used by video. (If yes, it could be that you have other video files in storage somewhere.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
SD card/ android,but I still still didn't find them there.

/Android is a very general directory, with many subdirectories for specific apps. Did you put manually save the videos in the /Android directory yourself, or did the app you were using save them there automatically? Did you already look through all of subdirectories of the /Android directory?