Hello everyone. I just got a samsung A50 for my wife and noticed the pics are not nearly as clear or good as my S7. I thought the camera was supposed to be better on the A50? Wish I could attach side x side pics as an example. Thanks in advance
    07-11-2019 07:45 PM
    Hello everyone. I just got a samsung A50 for my wife and noticed the pics are not nearly as clear or good as my S7. I thought the camera was supposed to be better on the A50? Wish I could attach side x side pics as an example. Thanks in advance
    I am not sure why you thought the camera on the A50 was supposed to be better. Literally no one said that. In every review I've seen, they've all shown the A50 camera as worse.
    The only thing going for the A50 is it has more megapixels and that's it. But megapixel count does NOT translate to quality. Even an 8 megapixel 5 year old DSLR can take better pictures than an S7's 12MP. There's a lot more going on with camera hardware than megapixel count.
    Basically if you thought more megapixels is better, it's not.
    07-11-2019 08:45 PM

I’ve laid out why the S7 camera is superior in general:

1. It has Optical Image Stabilisation. In layman’s terms this means that when you hand shakes a little when taking photos, the camera itself moves in its casing in the opposite direction to ensure that the picture you take isn’t blurry. OIS is extremely helpful in low light photography as well.

2. It has dual-pixel autofocus. I have the S7 Edge and its autofocus is truly amazing. It’s noticeably faster everything else (in my opinion). The A50 has PDAF which is competent in most cases but slower.

The only advantage that the A50 has is versatility (depth sensor and wide angle camera). To help with photo quality, try using the new ‘Night Mode’ and ‘Scene Optimiser’ to get improved photos, the former in low light (try to keep the phone as still as possible when using Night Mode).

To help in general, try to find the megapixel count in the camera app settings (in the app itself) and switch it to 12MP (megapixel mode). This will mean that when you take a photo, ‘pixel binning’ takes place where multiple pixels (in this case around 2) will be turned into 1, resulting in better image quality.

There’s a lot more to (smartphone) camera quality than just megapixels...generally speaking, as long as the rear camera on a smartphone is 12 megapixels+ it will be of decent quality and should take good photos in daylight (other factors include OIS, AI, processing, brand reliability etc).

In your case the 25 megapixel camera will mean a slightly larger image (more pixels), but as I said before switching it to 12MP mode will still get you a similarly sized image with better image quality...you won’t notice the size difference unless you display it on a computer screen.

Sorry for long post but hope that helps!
    B. Diddy and belodion like this.
    08-02-2019 05:36 AM
    I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    08-02-2019 09:13 AM