Should rephrase the question, why don't my downloaded images/videos (I haven't tried audio yet) show up in my gallery? I've been trying to download images and videos from not only chrome/google but other apps as well (Instagram, Snapchat, etc) and while they say they're downloaded they don't show up anywhere in my gallery. It's not lying in the fact that they're downloaded as I can view them via file manager but I'd quite prefer to see them in my gallery app. The apps also have permission to my storage and while I can't download things if I do something that automatically forces me to save an image that still works and it will show up. (ex. If I post an image to Instagram it will save it by default which it's always done even before this) I have an LG Samsung G6? I'm not very knowledgeable on phones and their models so forgive me if that's not a helpful descriptor or it's confusing. Also I think I've made this clear but I don't mean photos/videos from text messages I mean just downloading them online generally. I've tried deleting this folder com.android.gallery3d thing but it didn't help and I tried a media scanner app which also did nothing.
    07-12-2019 01:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! What directories are those downloaded images and videos going to? Use your file manager and see if there's a ".nomedia" file in those directories. If so, delete that file.

I'm not sure why you tried to delete a folder called com.android.gallery3d. That sounds more like the system name for the stock Gallery app. Are you sure it was a folder?
    07-13-2019 08:22 PM
    Most media app read the media database to find the files on your phone because scanning your phone to find files is a large resource consumer.

The media index service is the "app" that scans the phone looking for new files. Copying files and downloading files are two activities that often do not cause the service to wake up. Restarting the phone will kick the service into gear.

If restarting your phone does not help, see Diddy's message about the ".nomedia" files.
    07-15-2019 01:48 AM