Samsung Galaxy " Camera Failed" Issue

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. Lately it started having the "Camera Failed" and "server error, restart the camera" messages. I tried the online solutions all the way down to a factory reset. The problem is still there. I even tried safe mode.

I did noticed today that If i turn off all permissions from the camera it will work but once in a while it will crash again. If i try to access the camera by holding down the camera icon and selecting auto or selfie it will open but sometimes it will crash too. I even had a few instances were big green spots show on the screen. The camera works with them. When i restart the camera they are gone. There was even a multi-color strip from top to bottom on the right side of the phone screen. As soon as I restart the camera the strip is gone. The weird colors don't show up all the time.

Is my rear camera faulty? Does it sounds like I should replace it? The phone is out of warranty. If i can't fix it I will have to buy a refurbished phone. Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech