I have had a moto E4 phone for many months and I've had no problems, but today out of nowhere my data turned off. I have gone through every setting and I have tried every online hint and help forum and nothing has worked. I'm not out of data and I've paid my bill. I've reset all my network settings. I've removed and cleaned my SIM card. My phone is working perfectly as long as I'm connected to wifi. Please help me get my data back on
    07-12-2019 08:28 PM
    Hardware failure? A bad SIM or SIM reader? Carrier network trouble? There are various possible reasons.
    It would help if you tell us specifically what you have tried.
    07-12-2019 09:02 PM
    I'm going to rule out SIM issues if you can still make and receive calls. Hardware is possible but unless the phone has sustained some kind of damage, a drop, moisture or the like that's kind of a far reach as well. Network problems are completely possible, who's your carrier? Have you checked if there are mobile data issues in your area, are other lines or friends on this carrier having issues?

Do you have any data saver or power saver apps installed?

When you say it turned off, do you mean the toggle went from data on to data off or do you mean that you can just no longer access anything thru make data? If the toggle flipped then it's on the phone. Some app has turned off or taken control of the toggle, like a data saver might. If the data toggle is on but there's no data that mostly points to your carrier.

Since you didn't really list any of the advice you found online I'll just have to start with the basic.

Start the phone in safe mode. If you have data and control over the toggle you have a bad app.

Clear the cache partition. The directions for that are here. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1562985710390

Then become a member to reply to this thread so you can provide feedback and more information.
    07-12-2019 09:44 PM