I've been having problems with my phone battery (for a Motorola X phone) not lasting long, so today I impulsively decided to use the phone reset option in settings, which deletes all your data. I didn't think that meant it would delete the info for my internet connection and the billing info (silly me), but that is the case.

My question: If I know put a different credit/debit card number or use the same credit card number as was being billed before, will I be billed for this month twice? I believe the billing date was the 8th of each month.
    07-13-2019 10:39 PM
    Are you on a prepaid plan or pay as you go?

Who is your carrier?

Resetting your phone in most cases shouldn't affect billing, balances or payment schedules but we would need to know a bit more to say that definitively in your case.

When I'm doubt about a bill contact your carrier.

If you would like to continue this conversation, offer more detail or have other questions please become a member.

Update: force of habit to ask people to become members. So often they are not and it makes giving advice difficult without either more information or a way of having a two way conversation.
    07-13-2019 11:10 PM
    Honolulu147

Hi, you posted on my thread about resetting my phone and being billed twice. I did create an account, but for some reason I don't see a way for me to reply to your post on my thread. My carrier is chatr mobile and my plan is one that bills me $40 automatically every month (well actually it currently bills my mom's credit card, but that may change by today). So I don't think this falls under the definition of pre-paid plan.
    I understand your concern as the billing method is not your own, however you have not changed the SIM card which identifies the device to the carrier, nor have you changed the phone number associated with the device. You should be able to change your payment method without fear of being billed again, only affecting future payments being made by this new account. Again I feel like you would be pretty safe and not have any issues but if you really want definitive answer or even help switching payment methods, check the carrier's FAQ page or contact them for assistance.

I found this:
    5. How do I change my chatr mobile plan?

There are two different ways to change your chatr plan:

1. Use the My chatr app to change your plan. Download here.
    2. Sign-in to My chatr online https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/ch...omerNavigation

Note: changing your plan will also change your Anniversary Date.

This sounds a bit more like options and features but there's an app that sounds like it can handle many of the aspects of your account.
    07-14-2019 07:15 PM