Why does my alarm turn off when I dismiss it?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I know dismissing an alarm will disable it for the next alarm, presumably in the next 2 or less hours. I'm just wondering why the **** does it turn off the whole alarm entirely? I turned up to work four hours late because of this scuffed-*** system.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Was the alarm set to repeat daily, weekly or otherwise. You can't set an alarm for 4pm and expect it to go off everyday at 4pm without selecting some kind of repeating schedule. Dismissing an alarm is turning it off for that alarm time. So the alarm goes off at 4pm you wake up and hit dismiss no more alarm. On the other hand you hit snooze and it goes off again a few minutes later. Dismiss had nothing to do with tomorrow, other alarms that are set or anything else, just the current sounding alarm. Make sure you set a schedule if you want daily alarms.

If you'd like more advice or this doesn't help please become a member to reply to this thread. Also be respectful in your language and tone as there are some times those who are under age on this site and it can result in being banned. We are a community of people brought together by Android and only answer questions out of the kindness of our hearts.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know dismissing an alarm will disable it for the next alarm, presumably in the next 2 or less hours. I'm just wondering why the **** does it turn off the whole alarm entirely? I turned up to work four hours late because of this scuffed-*** system.
Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.
Which phone your having the issue on ?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I use the in-built alarm on my LG V20. If the alarm rings and I tap "dismiss", rather than "snooze", then the alarm will not ring at all in the future.

What phone do you have? What alarm app are you using? If it's a stock alarm app, such as what I use, then "dismiss" may indeed shut off the alarm with no further notifications.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I use the in-built alarm on my LG V20. If the alarm rings and I tap "dismiss", rather than "snooze", then the alarm will not ring at all in the future.

What phone do you have? What alarm app are you using? If it's a stock alarm app, such as what I use, then "dismiss" may indeed shut off the alarm with no further notifications.
LG got it wrong if yours works that way. How are you to silence an alarm if not with the dismiss option so that it will continue to work on the schedule you set? Is there a third option, dismiss, snooze, silence? Just so we're on the same page and I'm fully understanding you. You set an alarm for daily at 7am, hit dismiss once and the alarm goes away forever? And this is with the stock app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38