Have a Huawei original steel band watch. I prefer the Android wear ecosystem and concerned Huawei wont be updating its os (mine is version 2.25). I am thinking of getting a Ticwatch Pro. Thoughts?
    07-13-2019 11:43 PM
    Have a Huawei original steel band watch. I prefer the Android wear ecosystem and concerned Huawei wont be updating its os (mine is version 2.25). I am thinking of getting a Ticwatch Pro. Thoughts?
    Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you

I think you be alright with Huawei watch .
    07-14-2019 12:39 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The 1st generation Huawei Watch isn't going to get any more updates, though, and I don't think ever got the Wear OS 2.0 update. But keep in mind that a lot of people weren't that happy with the changes they made with 2.0.

I like the styling of the Huawei Watch, but mine got pretty laggy, so I moved on to a Michael Kors Access Grayson.
    07-14-2019 02:00 AM
    Mustang - how do i register? I posted under my log in credentials.

B. Diddy - the Michael korrs seems 2 yrs old and with not the same features as the Ticwatch. I really like the android phones, too bad the watches dont get the same ‘love’ as Apple Watches.
    07-14-2019 05:54 PM
    Mustang - how do i register? I posted under my log in credentials.

B. Diddy - the Michael korrs seems 2 yrs old and with not the same features as the Ticwatch. I really like the android phones, too bad the watches dont get the same ‘love’ as Apple Watches.
    Your registered
    07-14-2019 07:35 PM
    Yes, the watch is a little old, but it still gets updates, which is nice. The Ticwatch Pro is certainly a good choice -- one of our Ambassadors @LeoRex has one.

Although Apple Watches have better performance and functionality, you still couldn't pay me to strap a blank rectangular lozenge to my wrist.
    07-15-2019 12:02 PM
    Thx.
    07-15-2019 01:49 PM
    Yes, the watch is a little old, but it still gets updates, which is nice. The Ticwatch Pro is certainly a good choice -- one of our Ambassadors @LeoRex has one.
    Yes... I had picked up the TW Pro last month, but I returned it right at the end of the window to get the LTE version that just came out. The original one was a good watch, but it was really sluggish at times. To the point that I was probably going to return it outright.

Then the TicWatch Pro LTE came out. Which is nearly the exact same watch short of one significant difference... and I'm not taking about LTE radios... They doubled the RAM from 512mb to 1G. That bump in memory turned this from a promising but disappointing watch to over that I think it a winner. No more lag, no more stuttering. It wakes up quickly, it navigates quickly, it responds with little to no delay. It's now a joy to use.

So I would say 'yes' to the LTE version, even if you never plan to use the LTE function... Don't be tempted to save a few bucks and get the other model. Seriously, the performance problems will drive you nuts.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-15-2019 03:12 PM
    Interesting, so then not forced to buy into a lte plan. Always OK with more power. So says tim the toolman taylor...
    07-15-2019 06:38 PM
    Oh and are the straps/band removable with the pro lte? I prefer a stainless steel. And correct only comes on black? I would prefer silver and dont know why Mobvoi says its silver when the body is part black. I dont like that 2 tone look.
    07-15-2019 06:48 PM
    Correct... you don't get locked into an LTE plan if you buy it... not that it matters, Verizon won't even support it for at least another month. I just turned off the LTE radio.

The strap is removable, I can verify this as it's the first thing I did. The stock band is too small for my wrist, so I replace it with one of those magnetic metal bands. It's pretty much a standard 22mm watch band.

Yes, only comes in black... all black, even the back is the same matte black as the front.

It's still running smooth and responsive. Great watch actually... has some really cool features that help it stand out. The secondary display is pretty cool. It's one of those old school LCD type displays with the blocky numbers/letters that make it look like an old digital watch. And it can be used in a number of ways... if you leave off 'always on', it'll drop to that LCD when the screens cuts out. If you tap the little watch icon in the settings drop down, it'll go to that and stay until you hit the power. Or you can go full 'Essential' mode, where it actually shuts down Wear OS, only keeping the time, step counter and heart rate sensor active. The mode is junk of useless at night since it has no backlight, but it is very clear in bright sunlight.

Downside to the full Essential mode is you have to boot the watch up to get out of it. But you get a month out of a charge while in it... so even if you are really low on battery, you can still use it as a watch for even a few days.

Again... for all that see this... do NOT get the non-LTE TicWatch Pro... you will most likely be disappointed in the performance and you will find yourself turning stuff off and removing and disabling services just to get it to be usable. The extra RAM in the LTE model makes so much of a difference.
    07-15-2019 09:43 PM
    Thanks for all the info. Bonus will be if discounted on Prime day. Either way a bday gift for me next month.
    07-15-2019 10:17 PM