Dell’s Cyber Monday in Julysaves you up to 50%!
    Hi, I just bought a Note 8 from someone on OfferUp and in the bottom right corner I have a semi transparent "Watch on HBO" overlay that won't go away. It doesn't appear in screenshots or anything like that but it's always present otherwise and I'm wondering what the deal is? Did this guy sell me some kind of HBO promotional phone or something? Can I get rid of it with a different ROM? Thanks for reading.
    07-13-2019 11:47 PM
    Hi, I just bought a Note 8 from someone on OfferUp and in the bottom right corner I have a semi transparent "Watch on HBO" overlay that won't go away. It doesn't appear in screenshots or anything like that but it's always present otherwise and I'm wondering what the deal is? Did this guy sell me some kind of HBO promotional phone or something? Can I get rid of it with a different ROM? Thanks for reading.
    Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.

This HBO overlay , is there a HBO app installed?
    Aubryn likes this.
    07-14-2019 12:37 AM
    Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.

This HBO overlay , is there a HBO app installed?
    Thanks for the reply, and sorry, I thought I was logged in already I don't see any HBO related apps at all in the list, including the one that shows system apps. Here's a shot of what it looks like, if that'll help.

What's with this HBO overlay in the corner?-uyf0cvx.jpg

Overlay is kind of the best word I could think of to describe it, watermark might be a better one though? It's present everywhere. Bottom right corner.
    Attached Thumbnails What's with this HBO overlay in the corner?-20190713_225426-1-.jpg  
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-14-2019 12:59 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd guess it's screen burn-in. There's not much you can do about that, I'm afraid.
    Aubryn likes this.
    07-14-2019 01:52 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd guess it's screen burn-in. There's not much you can do about that, I'm afraid.
    Ah... I hadn't even considered that. Darn. Thanks for the response.
    07-14-2019 01:54 AM
    Use a darker theme or wallpaper if you can.

That way you won't see it as much

I bought my note 8 used with burn in like that and I use dark wallpaper and dark theme
    Aubryn and B. Diddy like this.
    07-14-2019 02:22 AM
    Thanks for the reply, and sorry, I thought I was logged in already I don't see any HBO related apps at all in the list, including the one that shows system apps. Here's a shot of what it looks like, if that'll help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UYf0cvX.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	305402

Overlay is kind of the best word I could think of to describe it, watermark might be a better one though? It's present everywhere. Bottom right corner.
    No problem, thanks for registering and sharing the screenshot. Sorry you got the phone like this but like other members suggest a dark wallpaper can help. Welcome here to the forums
    tube517 likes this.
    07-14-2019 09:15 AM