My phone got hacked and i whant to know how to clean it up. I'm afraid that the hacker still have a way to acces my phone, so im wondering if i can change something the mac address or a way to feel safe
    07-14-2019 08:57 PM
    What makes you feel you've been hacked?

Has the device been out of your control or sight for several hours?

Did you or someone you know root the device?

What have you done so far?

Become a member to reply to this thread.
    07-14-2019 09:14 PM
    My phone was acting kind of wierd( the os was freezing then the screen was flickering like if someone was swiping from right to left and everything happened wile the phone heated up)
    The hacker used the phone to remotely download and upload some files.
    My device was with me the whole time.
    No. It's not a rooted phone.
    I made a factory reset
    And tired to used it but after a few days of use it started to froze and heat up so i turned it off and havent use it since then
    07-14-2019 09:33 PM
    My phone was acting kind of wierd( the os was freezing then the screen was flickering like if someone was swiping from right to left and everything happened wile the phone heated up)
    I made a factory reset
    And tired to used it but after a few days of use it started to froze and heat up so i turned it off and havent use it since then
    I have the pixel 3xl , I can I assure you ,it be very hard for someone to hack you on that phone, your experiencing software glitch .
    Are you on Q beta ?
    Byrese likes this.
    07-14-2019 09:40 PM
    No. It is Android Pie (android 9 )

Do you recomend me to change to Q beta?
    07-14-2019 09:46 PM
    No. It is Android Pie (android 9 )

Do you recomend me to change to Q beta?
    No no , not if your having issues right now
    07-14-2019 09:47 PM
    I'd like you to place it in safe mode , this will disable a 3rd party apps and see if this issue persist.
    07-14-2019 09:48 PM
    Ok. if i encounter any issues I'll inform you guys. Thank you
    07-14-2019 09:55 PM
    Ok thank you, and welcome to the forums!
    Ok. if i encounter any issues I'll inform you guys. Thank you
    07-14-2019 09:57 PM
    And if it's still happening (I assume that you back up* all important things to somewhere other than the phone), download the latest Factory Image, unlock the bootloader (in Developer options, which you get by tapping Build number 7 times), install adb and fastboot in a PC or laptop, Install the Google USB Driver, restart in the bootloader (adb reboot bootloader), and run Deuces Bootloop-Recovery (make sure that your USB is all 2.1 or 3.1, or if it's 3.0, that there's a 2.1 cable in the chain somewhere - Pixels don't like USB 3.0). That will install a fresh factory ROM. (Then you can reinstall everything from your backup - but test every app you install before installing the next one. If installing one of them starts the problem again, reflash the whole ROM, then reinstall everything except for that app that caused the problem.)

*See Backing up an Android Device. You don't have to back up system apps - they come with the ROM. But any time you install a new app, use Apk Extractor (or App Backup & Restore if you have more than one) to back the installed apps up. (You get an .apk file. If you find that file in any file manager and tap it [if you have more than one app installer installed, the phone will ask which app you should use to install it], it will install.) If you're installing many apps at once, it's easier if you backed them up with App Backup & Restore - you can just check off the backed-up apps (even all of them) and tap "install" to install them all. (It takes a while, but you can use the phone while it's happening.)
    07-15-2019 02:22 PM
    I made a factory reset
    Sounds like you are having having an issue unrelated to hacking.
    07-15-2019 04:40 PM