i have lost my data from android phone how can i recover it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akashmushtaq52744

Jul 16, 2019
Visit site
yesterday my phone was too slow and it hangs again and again so I try to reboot it. when I reboot my cell phone my pictures from mobile gallery and some videos are not there. if someone has a solution then please guide me how can I get my data back?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Where were the photos saved to -- Internal Storage or the SD card?

Data recovery software in the Play Store probably won't help much if your photo files have become corrupted or if they were deleted.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If these were photos and videos you took with your Camera app, and if they're not in the /DCIM/Camera directory, then they're gone, if you hadn't backed them up beforehand. I can't be sure how they disappeared, but they're gone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd go with a recovery program that's much better established and has some kind of reputation, rather than some random one. There are some shady characters in this space.:-\

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I looked at the website for Fucosoft [Mod note: referring to post from spammer that has since been deleted] (tee-hee:p). Does not look trustworthy to me at all. Almost certainly based in Asia (probably China), but the "Our Team" section has a photo that screams Getty stock image, with a bunch of very genial Caucasian faces smiling back at you reassuringly. Testimonials are comedically fake -- one of them is from "Richard," with a lovely brunette woman in the photo. Avoid at all costs.

I'm just going to close this thread for now. Any other members with legitimate questions can feel free to start a new thread.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
File recovery requires rooting. Never trust an unknown company to root your phone (not even one as well-known as DrFone). You may find that the next time you try to update your phone, the update fails - because of "fingerprints" left by the recovery app. Then begins the long process of backing the entire phone up manually, flashing the stock ROM and restoring everything manually.

It's much easier to just keep anything important backed up. Much safer for your phone and data too.

Status
Not open for further replies.