Before I knew about developer options and the ability to stop automatic software updates, my Galaxy Note 8 downloaded a 1.7 GB update file for Android Pie and Samsung one UI. It has been on my phone for months and I have never installed the update because I have seen the horrors that it has caused on my friends Note 8. How can I find the files and get rid of this 1.7 GB nightmare that is taking up valuable storage?
    07-18-2019 05:38 AM
    Just clear your system cache and it will be gone
    07-18-2019 06:17 AM
    Before I knew about developer options and the ability to stop automatic software updates, my Galaxy Note 8 downloaded a 1.7 GB update file for Android Pie and Samsung one UI. It has been on my phone for months and I have never installed the update because I have seen the horrors that it has caused on my friends Note 8. How can I find the files and get rid of this 1.7 GB nightmare that is taking up valuable storage?
    Hi , if you want can download Samsung package disabler from play store to stop it.

If you like learn more I'll provide the link for you to register.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-18-2019 09:24 AM
    I posted this question.
    I tried the vol+ & bixby then pwr, got to recovery screen, cleared cache partition. Still getting the same notifications to install the downloaded update.
    I looked at a couple of package disable apps. They require giving ownership to the app & a PC which I don't have. This Note8 is my one and only computer.
    Note8 running Android 8.0.0 SamsungExp 9.0 and I like it this way. I didn't reboot my phone for 30 days and it still worked just fine! 4 more monthly payments and I can unlock it.
    Is there really no reasonable way to erase the update and stop the notifications?
    07-18-2019 06:34 PM
    I posted this question.
    I tried the vol+ & bixby then pwr, got to recovery screen, cleared cache partition. Still getting the same notifications to install the downloaded update.
    I looked at a couple of package disable apps. They require giving ownership to the app & a PC which I don't have. This Note8 is my one and only computer.
    Note8 running Android 8.0.0 SamsungExp 9.0 and I like it this way. I didn't reboot my phone for 30 days and it still worked just fine! 4 more monthly payments and I can unlock it.
    Is there really no reasonable way to erase the update and stop the notifications?
    Hi, thanks for registering.
    Download Samsung package disabler this will stop the notification and update
    07-18-2019 06:41 PM
    Every package disabler i looked at requires a PC which I don't have.
    07-23-2019 07:22 AM
    First, have you looked in your Downloads folder?

Second, go to the Samsung app store and install the package disabler.
    07-23-2019 05:18 PM
    Every package disabler i looked at requires a PC which I don't have.
    https://www.packagedisabler.com/
    07-23-2019 05:37 PM
    First, have you looked in your Downloads folder?

Second, go to the Samsung app store and install the package disabler.
    If only it were as simple as the dl folder. Galaxy Store does not offer a package disabler. At least not in the US.
    07-23-2019 06:03 PM
    Thank you. I've looked through the site and contacted them for clarification if Device Ownership via PC USB debugging will be necessary to do what I want.
    07-23-2019 06:05 PM