Screenshot: "Go to WebSite" annoyance

MikeSD

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
This is very annoying. I was never asked if I wanted to waste my phone resources.

While going through my Gallary of images, I noticed that some screenshots had a link that said "Go to Website". It can only provide that info, if it also saved the website address, and who knows what other info.

I'm about 100% sure this is the intrusive Google but wanted to ask.

1) Is Google responsible? or is this Samsung? (S9 phone).

2) Where is this stored?

3) Is there a way to prevent this?

I only want images stored, not advertising. Waste of phone resources. I consider this more intrusion.

Mike

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
As much as I detest Google, this is down to the site you downloaded the images from. To answer your points:-
1) Neither
2) In the image file
3) Prevention is by not downloading. Not very helpful, I know, but I don't know how you would identify such files.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Select any of those images in the Gallery app, then look at its Info/Details. What directory is the image in? These images are almost certainly cached images used by apps you installed or ad networks that are associated with some of those apps. App developers are supposed to know enough to add a file called ".nomedia" in the directories where they cache images so that they don't show up in your Gallery, but there are a lot of sloppy developers out there who don't. That's why you see those random images in your Gallery.

It's not Google's fault.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca