I have a samsung galaxy s4. I've been using the default voice recorder app on the device to record important memos. The files have been sitting for a few months, but I went to create a new voice recording, and all of my previous recordings are gone! All my other files as far as photos and videos are still present, and I haven't deleted anything. How can I recover these missing audio recordings? I don't have an SD card.
    07-18-2019 09:25 PM
    I have a samsung galaxy s4. I've been using the default voice recorder app on the device to record important memos. The files have been sitting for a few months, but I went to create a new voice recording, and all of my previous recordings are gone! All my other files as far as photos and videos are still present, and I haven't deleted anything. How can I recover these missing audio recordings? I don't have an SD card.
    Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    angelaangela likes this.
    07-19-2019 12:52 AM
    Did you also post this? https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ml#post6582781
    07-19-2019 07:02 PM
    This happened to me too. The files were recorded using audio recorder, galaxy s4. Please someone help!
    08-02-2019 05:19 PM
    Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    I have this dame problem, il you could help me i would be so thankful!
    08-03-2019 11:11 AM
    I have this dame problem, il you could help me i would be so thankful!
    Hi, have you checked Samsung file manager?
    08-03-2019 12:22 PM
    Hi, have you checked Samsung file manager?
    I assume You mean the My Files folder? If so, yes i have checked and they are not there. If It is a separate app, please let me know. Thanks!
    08-04-2019 07:59 AM
    Sorry for the loss. If they are important, use the free cloud backup features available and or copy to the SD card. Good luck
    08-04-2019 09:39 AM
    I assume You mean the My Files folder? If so, yes i have checked and they are not there. If It is a separate app, please let me know. Thanks!
    Yes , double check the files there
    08-04-2019 10:19 AM
    Thank You, i did but they are not there. What else can i try?
    08-04-2019 12:27 PM
    Try Disk Digger. (To recover deleted files, the phone has to be rooted. Even websites that claim to recover apps from unrooted phones first root the phone, then recover the files, then unroot the phone - but sometimes leave "fingerprints", so apps like banking apps won't work.)

Of course, if you were saving to an SD card, it's easier - just use PhotoRec on the SD card. (But read the whole wiki before using it, so you'll know what you're doing.)
    08-04-2019 04:33 PM
    Try Disk Digger. (To recover deleted files, the phone has to be rooted. Even websites that claim to recover apps from unrooted phones first root the phone, then recover the files, then unroot the phone - but sometimes leave "fingerprints", so apps like banking apps won't work.)

Of course, if you were saving to an SD card, it's easier - just use PhotoRec on the SD card. (But read the whole wiki before using it, so you'll know what you're doing.)
    Ho do i root The phone?
    08-05-2019 06:18 AM
    Also, what are the cons of rooting a phone and can i unroot after? Thank You so much!
    08-05-2019 06:52 AM