Cannot delete files on my new Android phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am unable to delete (some) files on my new Android 9 phone, in particular if they are on the SD card. I follow through a number of stages OK until I get to the point where I am asked to select the card. Then whatever I do it fails. Maybe I am not selecting the card correctly but I have tried everything which seems clickable.

It is the same using a variety of file management (and gallery) apps. In some apps I get to the point of selecting a file, such as an image in Pictures or Saved Pictures. But once the image is selected either I cannot proceed to a delete option, or if I can it does not work ----- clicking the dustbin does not do anything.

Help with this basic function would be much appreciated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am unable to delete (some) files on my new Android 9 phone, in particular if they are on the SD card. I follow through a number of stages OK until I get to the point where I am asked to select the card. Then whatever I do it fails. Maybe I am not selecting the card correctly but I have tried everything which seems clickable.

It is the same using a variety of file management (and gallery) apps. In some apps I get to the point of selecting a file, such as an image in Pictures or Saved Pictures. But once the image is selected either I cannot proceed to a delete option, or if I can it does not work ----- clicking the dustbin does not do anything.

Help with this basic function would be much appreciated.
Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.

I'll provide a link to register so we can can communicate.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Normally, when asked to select the card, you see the card. Just tap it and, if there's an OK button, tap that.

If you do need to register for more help, post in this conversation, don't start a new one.

(And you might try installing Total Commander - it makes it a little easier to choose the card if you have to. Just long-press the file you want to delete, and the menu will pop up - choose Delete.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781