im just curious as to who could hack secure folder? surely a consumer phone could not be that secure that say polce or military wouldn't be able to hack?
    07-19-2019 03:08 PM
    No, it can probably be hacked - but it has to be done on that phone, since part of the security key is part of the hardware of the phone, and it's different for each one. (Like serial numbers.)

If you're worried, install a plausible deniability system on an SD card. Make a "secure" folder and put a few innocuous files in it. Then put the pictures you really want to hide in the real secure area. That can be cracked too, but what's in there better be worth a lot of money - because that's what it's going to take to "crack" "unused space", which is what the real secure area appears to be. You can give the police (or anyone who can imprison you) the password for the fake "secure area", and they'll look, see the innocuous files and be satisfied that you gave them everything.

See https://alternativeto.net/software/t...atform=android for a few apps that can do that. (Once you've created the setup, it's a good idea to uninstall the app, so no one gets any ideas.)
    07-19-2019 03:53 PM
    Government intel agencies and that type of research labs have the resources that are required to eventually "crack" the modern encryption. Police and military will not have it as those abilities are outside of their normal needs.
    07-19-2019 04:21 PM
    I’ve lost my phone and deleted the Samsung and google account so that should erase everything. I don’t know if there is a way to get information off the phone without switching it on. But I wanted to make sure
    08-21-2019 08:57 PM
    I’ve lost my phone and deleted the Samsung and google account so that should erase everything. I don’t know if there is a way to get information off the phone without switching it on. But I wanted to make sure
    Please refer to your other thread for discussion: https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...e-account.html
    08-21-2019 09:32 PM