I have recently bought an MXQ-4K Android TV box and I want to transfer files from my computer on the same network to the USB drive in the Android TV. I used to have a WDTV Live media player and it was easy to transfer video files across the network as it was just another drive on the network, but for some reason I cannot do the same with my Android TV. A lot of places have suggested a number of apps such as File Drop, Sambadroid, Filexilla, but none have worked. Is there a simple way of transferring files across a network to my Android TV (specifically the connected USB drive)?
    07-20-2019 01:23 AM
    This isn't something I've not been able to do on 3 different Kodi devices. I just transfer the files to the USB drive on using my PC. I believe it happens because of Android's file writing permissions.
    07-20-2019 07:27 AM
    I have recently bought an MXQ-4K Android TV box and I want to transfer files from my computer on the same network to the USB drive in the Android TV. I used to have a WDTV Live media player and it was easy to transfer video files across the network as it was just another drive on the network, but for some reason I cannot do the same with my Android TV. A lot of places have suggested a number of apps such as File Drop, Sambadroid, Filexilla, but none have worked. Is there a simple way of transferring files across a network to my Android TV (specifically the connected USB drive)?
    Hi I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate with us .
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-20-2019 08:56 AM
    If you can install apps on the TV box, you can install WiFi File Transfer, or something similar, then connect to it with the PC and upload files to it.

If it has a file manager (or you can install one) and an SD card slot, you can put the files on an SD card in the PC, then put the card into the box and copy the files from the card to the box.
    07-20-2019 04:24 PM