12-10-2019 04:13 PM
70 123
tools
    Okay, yeah I tended to over around the 32 GB range if I was being conservative. That's good to hear though. Thanks!

After trying the Google Pixel 4 in the store and finding out that it doesn't have a fingerprint sensor, I've decided to buy the 7T. If it doesn't work out, I'll return it and find the Pixel 4 on eBay since by that point all the promotions will have ended.

I'm surprised I changed my mind. I'm just HOPING the bigger form factor doesn't make me dislike the phone.
    Well usually you get 14 day return period
    11-26-2019 06:49 PM
    Well usually you get 14 day return period

Yes, that's correct. That's plenty of time to figure out if I like it.

I really appreciate everyone who chimed in on this thread. This made things a lot easier.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-26-2019 07:43 PM
    Yes, that's correct. That's plenty of time to figure out if I like it.

I really appreciate everyone who chimed in on this thread. This made things a lot easier.
    Awesome , let us Know what you decide and good luck.
    marker227 likes this.
    11-26-2019 07:48 PM
    I just picked up the phone from the FedEx office yesterday morning. I have the phone fully set up to my liking. I didn't enable any Developer Options. I mostly tinkered with apps and changed some settings around. I'm very impressed with the quality and speed/experience of the phone. My only complaint is the form factor. I'm still getting used to it. It's not as easy for me to manipulate the phone in my hand. The other issue is it's sometimes a pain for me to reach all the way to the top of the screen to press an app while holding the phone in one hand. I'm sure I'll be able to adjust to this over time. It's just going to take some to get used to.

I actually had one question that I couldn't find online. When the Google keyboard comes up on a message there is a mini keyboard icon on the very bottom right corner of the phone's display. When you press it, it allows me to switch keyboards. How do I completely remove that icon? My finger sometimes hits it when I'm pressing the "enter" key".

I was able to do with my Galaxy S9, but I can't find the option on this phone.
    12-03-2019 07:59 AM
    I just picked up the phone from the FedEx office yesterday morning. I have the phone fully set up to my liking. I didn't enable any Developer Options. I mostly tinkered with apps and changed some settings around. I'm very impressed with the quality and speed/experience of the phone. My only complaint is the form factor. I'm still getting used to it. It's not as easy for me to manipulate the phone in my hand. The other issue is It's sometimes a pain for me to reach all the way to the top of the screen to press an app while holding the phone in one hand. I'm sure I'll be able to adjust to this over time. It's just going to take some to get used to.

I actually had one question that I couldn't find online. When the Google keyboard comes up on a message there is a mini keyboard icon on the very bottom right corner of the phone's display. When you press it, it allows me to switch keyboards. How do I completely remove that icon? My finger sometimes hits it when I'm pressing the "enter" key".

I was able to do with my Galaxy S9, but I can't find the option on this phone.
    Congrats for the new phone!

About the keyboard switcher. Are you using the old three-buttons navigation bar or full gestures?
    12-03-2019 08:59 AM
    Congrats for the new phone!

About the keyboard switcher. Are you using the old three-buttons navigation bar or full gestures?
    Thank you! It's a great experience so far. I'm just waiting on my hybrid case with a built-in screen protector.

I am using the old three-buttons navigation bar. I turned off all gestures with the exception of swipe up for apps and swipe down for the controls at the top of the screen.

(Update)

I had my password manager app enabled as a keyboard. When I turned that keyboard off, the "switch keyboard" option disappeared.
    12-03-2019 09:05 AM
    Thank you! It's a great experience so far. I'm just waiting on my hybrid case with a built-in screen protector.

I am using the old three-buttons navigation bar. I turned off all gestures with the exception of swipe up for apps and swipe down for the controls at the top of the screen.
    I think there's no way to remove that icon when using the three-buttons navigation. There are other icons that use that position as well, like when auto-rotate is disabled.
    12-03-2019 09:10 AM
    Wait, maybe there's a way. I switched to three buttons to check it our and I don't get that symbol. I changed a couple of values in the past for Android System notifications so maybe. there's an option there.
    12-03-2019 09:17 AM
    Ha! I just saw your edit. Glad it's gone
    12-03-2019 09:19 AM
    Ha! I just saw your edit. Glad it's gone
    Yes! I am ecstatic. The password manager still functions correctly, so there's no need to keep the keyboard enabled.

I can't think of anything else to complain about. The phone is enjoyable, haha.

Thank you for helping me out along this journey. It's not easy to pick a phone with all this new tech coming out constantly. More importantly, it's hard for me to justify the price of a 600+ phone.
    Javier P likes this.
    12-03-2019 10:23 AM
    Yes! I am ecstatic. The password manager still functions correctly, so there's no need to keep the keyboard enabled.

I can't think of anything else to complain about. The phone is enjoyable, haha.

Thank you for helping me out along this journey. It's not easy to pick a phone with all this new tech coming out constantly. More importantly, it's hard for me to justify the price of a 600+ phone.
    Excellent! There are a few tricks that you can use to make one-handed use easier. This is the way I use my phones and I even "swipe" instead of type.

You can try a custom launcher, like Nova, and set gestures and icon swipe up actions to have more power at the reach of your thumb.
    12-03-2019 10:30 AM
    Excellent! There are a few tricks that you can use to make one-handed use easier. This is the way I use my phones and I even "swipe" instead of type.

You can try a custom launcher, like Nova, and set gestures and icon swipe up actions to have more power at the reach of your thumb.
    I'll have to give that a try.

By the way, does Face Unlock only activate when I press the lock/unlock button? I was hoping I could single tap the screen to turn the display on and then unlock it with Face Unlock, but I'm not seeing a way to do that. I know I can use the Fingerprint sensor, but I was just curious about it.
    12-03-2019 10:41 AM

By the way, does Face Unlock only activate when I press the lock/unlock button? I was hoping I could single tap the screen to turn the display on and then unlock it with Face Unlock, but I'm not seeing a way to do that. I know I can use the Fingerprint sensor, but I was just curious about it.
    Congrats on the phone, I don't see that option either.
    12-03-2019 10:48 AM

I don't use face unlock so I'm not sure how it works. I think you shouldn't need to press power to trigger it. Just in case, go to settings - display - ambient Display and make sure that the first two options are enabled.
    12-03-2019 10:49 AM
    Which version did you get the 1+7 pro?
    12-03-2019 10:51 AM
    I don't use face unlock so I'm not sure how it works. I think you shouldn't need to press power to trigger it. Just in case, go to settings - display - ambient Display and make sure that the first two options are enabled.

I figured it out! I turned on "Double Tap to Wake". That's exactly what I was looking for. After that setting is on, the Face Unlock works after double tapping the screen.

Which version did you get the 1+7 pro?
    I'm on the 7T.
    Javier P and mustang7757 like this.
    12-03-2019 12:57 PM
    Is there anyway to do a long press of the home button if you hide the navigation bar when using gestures? I use that for Google Assistant. I know I can switch the Assistant button to the power key, but I like using the Home button.
    12-03-2019 04:00 PM
    Is there anyway to do a long press of the home button if you hide the navigation bar when using gestures? I use that for Google Assistant. I know I can switch the Assistant button to the power key, but I like using the Home button.
    There are different ways to open the Google Assistant. The easiest one is of you swipe diagonally from any of the bottom corners.
    12-03-2019 04:02 PM
    This thread will give you more details about gesture navigation.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/i...us-7t.1145806/
    12-03-2019 04:05 PM
    Hey guys, just an update. I do love the phone still. I'm having reservations about the physical size of it though. It could be because of the hard case I put on it. To resolve that issue, I ordered a new case (front w/ screen protector and back) that clamps together via magnets. I'm hoping the slimmer profile of the case will help reduce the profile on both how wide and thick the phone is.

I wanted to ask you all, are there any smartphones out there that are just as quick as this phone but in a 5.8" screen size? I noticed Sony, Razer, and LG make a few models in the size configuration I like, but it has the Snapdragon processor 845 (I believe). I was just curious. My return window is up by the end of this week.
    12-10-2019 04:13 PM
70 123