Lock Screen is effective for a few minutes. Then it is automatically cancelled by system
    07-20-2019 12:39 PM
    Does this persist in Safe Mode?
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    07-20-2019 06:17 PM
    No. In Emergency (safe) mode, the screen lock is not effective at all. I guess that is understandable. But in normal mode it should stay on until cancelled by user.
    07-21-2019 06:17 AM
    No. In Emergency (safe) mode, the screen lock is not effective at all. I guess that is understandable. But in normal mode it should stay on until cancelled by user.
    The lock ought to remain unaffected by Safe Mode; that is, it ought to work. Since it doesn't, that suggests that you have downloaded a third-party app that is causing all this trouble.
    07-21-2019 09:02 AM
    Ok. But how do I identify which 3rd party sw is causing this problem?
    07-21-2019 10:24 AM
    Can look make sure the following
    Your not using Google smart Lock
    You don't have a watch paired
    Settings device administrator see if anything there besides find my mobile.
    07-21-2019 10:51 AM
    If worse comes to worst, back up all your installed apps (the ones that came with the phone will stay) with App Backup & Restore, then delete all but one app. If the phone works, restore the first backed up app. See if the phone works. Etc., etc., until the phone stops working. Then uninstall that last app you restored and restore the rest (App Backup & Restore will do that in one shot once you've checked them off).
    07-22-2019 04:03 PM
    Emergency mode is not Safe Mode. Search this site or Google for instructions on how to place your phone into Safe Mode. Good luck
    07-22-2019 04:45 PM
    Is the issue that the screen turns off if you don't input anything on the lockscreen for a few seconds? That's pretty typical for most phones -- the lockscreen won't stay on indefinitely. If you're using an Always On Display feature, that's different -- is that what you mean?

Or are you saying that after a few minutes, the phone will allow anyone to unlock it without entering a password/PIN?
    07-22-2019 05:14 PM
    Is the issue that the screen turns off if you don't input anything on the lockscreen for a few seconds? That's pretty typical for most phones -- the lockscreen won't stay on indefinitely. If you're using an Always On Display feature, that's different -- is that what you mean?

Or are you saying that after a few minutes, the phone will allow anyone to unlock it without entering a password/PIN?
    Very true. It is not a screen saver.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-22-2019 05:32 PM
    It is not that the lockscreen disappears after no input for few seconds. The phone opens normally without the lockscreen and when i go check settings it says Screen Lock None.
    07-23-2019 03:47 AM
    That is odd. Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and tell us which apps are checked, if any.

If it's just the usual device administrator apps (like Find My Device and probably Knox), then see if the problem persists in Safe Mode: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/s...faq/safe-mode/
    07-23-2019 11:26 AM
    Can you set it for pin, password?
    It is not that the lockscreen disappears after no input for few seconds. The phone opens normally without the lockscreen and when i go check settings it says Screen Lock None.
    07-23-2019 11:43 AM
    Yes, I can set a PIN or a Password or Pattèrn. It does not make any difference. It works for say an hour or two. And then it is automatically cancelled and the setting shows 'None' under Screen Lock.
    07-23-2019 02:50 PM
    The apps checked are Norton Mobile Security and Find My Device. Actually Norton Mobile Security is no longer active since I have not renewed the licence. Perhaps that is the problem. I will uncheck and also uninstall the app and see what happens.
    07-23-2019 02:55 PM
    Can you post a screenshot of the page shown?
    07-23-2019 02:59 PM
    The apps checked are Norton Mobile Security and Find My Device. Actually Norton Mobile Security is no longer active since I have not renewed the licence. Perhaps that is the problem. I will uncheck and also uninstall the app and see what happens.
    Deactivate Norton , might be the issue.
    07-23-2019 04:04 PM
    Absolutely right. Problem seems to have been solved. Have uninstalled Norton Mobile Security and the problem has not re-occurred.

Many many thanks to all who have offered useful suggestions. Hopefully we have reached the end to this issue. God bless!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-24-2019 04:42 AM