My new phone bricked within a month!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So last night i plugged my phone into a long charger (it wouldn't charge in some positions) but when i fell asleep it was charging. i woke up this morning to a dead phone figured it didnt charge right so I got up and plugged my phone in to a diferent charger and outlet (both work) and went to mow the yard 15-20min i came back in and tried to turn it back on and nothing. its not even showing the battery icon. ive tried power cycling and i did try to clear dust out of the port

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Which phone and which charger? Is the charger/cable one that came with the phone or a different one?

If the phone is only a month old, you should contact the manufacturer or your carrier to have a warranty repair or replacement.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As Laura said, have it repaired under warranty. The charging port lost a connection. "it wouldn't charge in some positions" is about as positive a diagnosis of one or both power pins in the charger port being disconnected as a pain in your arm is for a knife sticking into it. There's nothing else that causes "I have to wiggle the connector to get it to charge". (It's been that way since laptops were invented, There are even companies that employ 3 or 4 technicians, full time, to do nothing but replace power ports on laptops. MicroUSB connectors aren't any better. Type C connectors are better, but if you're rough on them, you break their connections too. Companies are too cheap to have connectors with a little screw through them, anchoring them to the board. It would cost another 5 cents.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20