Why is my on board EQ in android 7.1.2 car deck reset ever time I shut my car off

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Every time I turn on my car my personal setting in my EQ is unset and is something different from the last time. Everything else keeps memory but the EQ.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have registered
Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, Android car stereos do not have a good reputation. They are all usually some no name brand on eBay or similar places, so any sort of customer service may be questionable. Not only is sound quality sub par, but I've seen a number of posts about them with technical problems like this recently as they gain popularity (who wouldn't want a cheap Android based radio?).

If I were you, I'd cut my losses and not even try to fix this. If you can get it refunded, great, but otherwise live and learn. You will be so much better off with an actual dedicated radio from a name brand (Pioneer, JVC, Sony, Kenwood, etc). These do not run an Android OS, but have quality components for great sound quality, with connectivity for your phone and basic functions. Newer ones have Android Auto, which lets you control more phone functions through the radio, but this is not the same as an on-board Android OS. Depending on the model you get, prices are not much more than Android radios, but are a much better value.

If you want any help getting something that better suits your needs, car audio is a bit of a hobby for me and I'd be willing to help get you on a better path.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781