Google Search widget results not displaying correctly

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

After the recent Android update, I have a problem with the Google search widget. Only a few results are being displayed, if I scroll down the screen below the first few results is blank (white). Where the results change to a blank white screen, this can be halfway through a row of letters so only the top half of the letters are being displayed. The results seem to be hidden behind the blank screen. I can click in the blank area, and pages open related to my search so the results seem to be hidden behind the blank screen. If I scroll back up, the initial few results are still displayed. I have tried clearing cache and data, and rolling the Google app back to the factory version and reinstalling the update with no improvement. If I open Chrome and do a search, I can see all search results as normal.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? If it's on Nougat or above, make sure Chrome is up to date. If it isn't yet, see if the update corrects the issue. However, if it's already up to date, try the opposite, and uninstall updates to Chrome. What I'm getting at here is the possibility that Android System Webview (which is handled by Chrome in Nougat and above) could be the problem. Sometimes a problem is caused by it not being up to date, but other times, an update actually causes things to glitch on certain devices, so you can test by temporarily uninstalling all updates to Chrome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae