Hi there,

I am new to Android.

I would like to know if I can sign in with my Google account only in Play Store just to buy/download apps.

I mean I want every other services (e.g. Youtube, Google Drive etc) not to be linked/synced with my Google account.

Thank you in advance!
    07-23-2019 04:41 AM
    I'm not fully understanding your question, I don't think...

You must sign-in with a Google account to use the Play Store. You must also include a payment method even if you intend to only get free offerings. I'm not sure if that answers your question.

YouTube will allow some access without a sign-in but limited and restricted, which you may know if you've been using it like that. You also can't subscribe to channels, and I'm pretty sure you can't like or comment without a sign-in...

Google Drive will not work at all... Well it will but you can't access it and again have very limited features without signing in. If you use Google to backup your photos and videos the backups go to a Google Drive account registered to your Gmail account and is regulated to the storage limits just like you were using Google Drive. The photos and videos are viewable and sharable through Google Photos, they just originate from your Drive account. Documents and other types of files that Drive could be used for cannot be saved without signing in. There are a lot of other cloud services that do this and include auto backup so you may be using one of those.

Google Chrome is fully usable without signing in but you can't save bookmarks, autofill forms and passwords or have all of your bookmarks, passwords or history on any device you use it on without a sign-in.

Google Calendar is another service that you have regardless of sign-in or not, but you can't save, create or share events without signing in.

I'm sure there are other Google things that I'm forgetting but these are the ones that spring to mind. Google wants to be the window to your world and see everything you see, just like Apple and Microsoft.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-23-2019 06:04 AM
    Hi there,

I am new to Android.

I would like to know if I can sign in with my Google account only in Play Store just to buy/download apps.

I mean I want every other services (e.g. Youtube, Google Drive etc) not to be linked/synced with my Google account.

Thank you in advance!
    Yes
    07-23-2019 06:40 AM
    Hi there,

I am new to Android.

Thank you in advance!
    Hi, if you can register a account here , we be happy to assist you.
    I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here

https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-23-2019 08:26 AM