I would like to remove the lastest Android update from my phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Samsung made my phone very unfriendly to use with the update to J737VVRU3BSEA. They tell me I cannot reset to previous software version which I would dearly love to do. My phone does things on its own now and won't let me shut down apps unless I stop everything, battery killer now. camera takes pictures without being asked to. Does anyone have any suggestions, I am on the verizon network.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
There is no facility on the device itself to "reset" it and remove the update. After finding the file and process to flash your device you would need to back up your data and flash the device. After that, you will probably want to root so you can prevent the update from happening again. Oh yeah - you'll also want to find a way to secure your device against potential security threats in the old version that you're reinstalling since Samsung is no longer patching that version on that device.

It might be easier/better to help us understand what things it's doing on its own so maybe we can help you with that.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463