Fully charged to 100% my phone drops to 1% in 1hr 10 min, but continues to run for hours at 1%?
    07-23-2019 05:48 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What kind of phone are you using? It could be that your battery percentage indicator is broken. My LG G3 seemed to have a similar issue - however, a factory reset seemed to temporarily fix the issue. Make sure you have all of your significant pictures, folders, etc backed up before you factory reset.

You can even see if the issue persists in Safe Mode - that is a less extreme measure than performing a full factory reset.

Keep us posted!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-23-2019 06:05 PM
    Sometimes you can recalibrate the battery indicator by holding the vol up and down while person the power button. Hold all 3 for 30 sec to a minute. The phone will restart several times during this process. Try this before the reset.
    07-23-2019 09:35 PM
    Sometimes you can recalibrate the battery indicator by holding the vol up and down while person the power button. Hold all 3 for 30 sec to a minute. The phone will restart several times during this process. Try this before the reset.
    This work on most devices?
    07-23-2019 09:43 PM
    Is this the OEM battery, or an extended battery? I've heard of this happening with some aftermarket extended batteries, but never saw if it cleared up for those people.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-24-2019 12:40 AM
    This work on most devices?
    I've seen it offered as advice for several different models, does it work for all of them??? I can't say but there's no harm in trying it. I searched and can no longer find any reference to it beyond one in the Nexus forums, but I have gotten and seen this advice right here at AC. Anyway this is only supposed to calibrate the percentage indicator. While searching I found a lot of advice on how to calibrate the battery and a lot of conflicting views on whether it works or not. Calibrating the battery that is...

I think Mooncatt has a very good question however. If it were an aftermarket battery, an "economical" one lets say or an oversized one, there is a chance the issue could be with the battery
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-24-2019 01:35 AM