My Alcatel Onetouch Fierce 2 (model 7040n) turns off as it reaches 70% battery charge.Then if I connect charger (after it turns off at 70%) it shows 1% and shows charging. The phone gets a little hot. I replaced the battery (battery model TLi020F1) but the problem remains same.Besides if I charge it to 100% and lock the screen nd don't use it, the battery drains to kinda 80%.Please help
    07-26-2019 05:29 AM
    It could be an issue with the battery/charging circuit in the device. Considering it's doing the same with 2 different batteries, that seems most likely. Considering the age of the device and the outdated nature of the OS it's running, it might be about time to move on rather than trying to extend the life of the device as you could spend as much repairing it (or attempting to repair) as you would just replacing it with a more modern device.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-26-2019 06:19 AM
    The replacement battery was made, at the latest, around the beginning of 2015, so that's a battery that's been sitting on the shelf for 4-1/2 years, unused, and probably totally self-discharged (and ruined). That's one reason people replace phones after 3, 4 or 5 years - the manufacturer orders enough batteries for the expected production run plus enough to sell as replacements, then the battery manufacturer stops making that battery. 4 years later, it you buy a replacement, you're buying a 4 year old replacement that hasn't been lept at 50% (which lithium batteries should be), so the battery is probably useless. (And, in the same way that 2 of the manufacturers that made Note 7 batteries made the same error, and produced batteries that overheated, manufacturers of a particular battery, like the one for the Fierce 2 could have produced batteries that develop dendrites [Lithium Battery Dendrite links if you're interested].)

Since the phone is basically worth zero today, as hallux said, it's time to move on to another phone - it can be a cheap one, but you'll get the longest life out of one released in the spring or early summer of 2019. The Alcatel 1X was released just 2 months ago and it's only $89 at Amazon. (Or save up a little money and go for something with more than 16GB of storage.)
    07-26-2019 12:23 PM