I just bought the first pair of truly wireless earphones, galaxy buds, off of Amazon, but I noticed that the right earpiece's battery drained significantly faster than the battery of left earpiece, I checked it up online to find forums with threads fulls of similar issues, to which I requested an exchange, got the new pair of earphones and tested them to find that the right earpiece's batter still drains faster, though not significantly, there is a gap of exact 2 mins, for example, both the earpieces start at 70-70 (L-R) then say it would fall to 70-65 (L-R) and after exactly 2 mins it would equal to 65-65 (L-R). I understand no two hardware can be exactly the same and this chasm between the numbers is a small one, so I thought maybe I'd ask if its normal to have slight difference between the two earpieces otherwise I'd just refund them?
    07-26-2019 07:45 AM
    It is because the signal strength will be different on both. If the difference is of 15 or 20 percent after the same usage time, then yeah, that'd be a concern. But 5% is pretty common since the system also rounds out battery info from each earbud.

Situations like where you have your phone (closer to the right or left one), how conductive one side of your head is (as to block less signal), other devices in the same frequency nearby (introducing potential noise) will affect battery life, and since these are individual connections, well, they both use energy in slightly different levels.
    belodion likes this.
    07-26-2019 10:54 AM
    If they're like the only other wireless buds I've used, one of them connects to the phone then has another radio that connects it with the other bud. As one bud has to connect to two devices and the other only one, it's quite possible it would drain faster.
    07-26-2019 12:49 PM
    If they're like the only other wireless buds I've used, one of them connects to the phone then has another radio that connects it with the other bud. As one bud has to connect to two devices and the other only one, it's quite possible it would drain faster.
    The Galaxy Buds are independent. They connect individually so you can use either side as a single bud.
    07-26-2019 12:58 PM
    The battery drain also depends on the sound level played by the bud. If there's more sound or louder sound (averaged over, say, 5 minutes) on the right side, the right earbud will drain faster.
    07-26-2019 02:26 PM