Hi, I have a p20 pro and use Google play music when out running. Recently the music has been stopping, not when the screen locks but at random points. I have changed the app to be controlled manually so that it runs even when screen locks. I think it's because when the screen locks the media controls are on the lock screen and then pause gets hit as I'm running. Does anyone know how to remove the media controls from the lock screen? Thanks in advance for any help! Susie
    07-26-2019 10:21 AM
    Hi, I have a p20 pro and use Google play music when out running. Recently the music has been stopping, not when the screen locks but at random points. I have changed the app to be controlled manually so that it runs even when screen locks. I think it's because when the screen locks the media controls are on the lock screen and then pause gets hit as I'm running. Does anyone know how to remove the media controls from the lock screen? Thanks in advance for any help! Susie
    Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you .
    I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-26-2019 10:38 AM
    07-26-2019 11:07 AM
    Thanks! Have just signed up and posted it again. Sorry new to this forum
    07-26-2019 11:08 AM
    Thanks! Have just signed up and posted it again. Sorry new to this forum
    Hi, thanks for registering!
    Welcome to AC forums
    Does it have option to swipe on the lock screen to different page so you don't accidentally hit it?
    07-26-2019 11:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Duplicate threads merged -- you don't have to create a new thread, just continue in this one you created.

Does this only happen when headphones are plugged in?
    07-26-2019 11:47 AM
    Hi, thanks for registering!
    Welcome to AC forums
    Does it have option to swipe on the lock screen to different page so you don't accidentally hit it?
    Thanks, tried that but when swipe it just brings up the screen to enter pin code and then when it times out the media controls come back.
    07-27-2019 02:34 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Duplicate threads merged -- you don't have to create a new thread, just continue in this one you created.

Does this only happen when headphones are plugged in?
    Thanks, I run with the phone in my back pocket and use blue tooth headphones. I thought at first maybe they were loosing connection but when take phone out of my pocket the music player is on pause.
    07-27-2019 02:36 AM
    The phone might be coming on by accident in your pocket, and then it might be registering an accidental touch where the lockscreen media controls are. See what happens if you run with the phone in your hand, or in an arm strap case.
    07-27-2019 09:15 AM
    Thanks, I run with the phone in my back pocket and use blue tooth headphones. I thought at first maybe they were loosing connection but when take phone out of my pocket the music player is on pause.
    You can try different ways to hold your device as b.diddy suggested.
    07-27-2019 09:43 AM
    The phone might be coming on by accident in your pocket, and then it might be registering an accidental touch where the lockscreen media controls are. See what happens if you run with the phone in your hand, or in an arm strap case.
    Thanks, have tried running with it in an arm band and it works great but it's so big it takes up most of my arm! was just thinking if there was a way to remove the controls from the lock screen even if did get hit accidentally then it wouldn't pause the music player. Tried removing it from the status bar but still appears on the lock screen
    07-27-2019 09:50 AM
    Thanks, have tried running with it in an arm band and it works great but it's so big it takes up most of my arm! was just thinking if there was a way to remove the controls from the lock screen even if did get hit accidentally then it wouldn't pause the music player. Tried removing it from the status bar but still appears on the lock screen
    You can check in settings , lock screen see if you take music control off , I know on my Samsung they give the option .
    07-27-2019 09:59 AM