I'm running on a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, on Android 5.0.2. Recently a Google Account of mine has been deleted, and when I go to remove the account in my settings, the app just freezes. Because the account has been deleted, I cannot sign into it to remove it from my phone. What do I do!! I've been locked out of my Google Drive because of this. Please help . . thank you!
    07-26-2019 02:29 PM
    I'm running on a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, on Android 5.0.2. Recently a Google Account of mine has been deleted, and when I go to remove the account in my settings, the app just freezes. Because the account has been deleted, I cannot sign into it to remove it from my phone. What do I do!! I've been locked out of my Google Drive because of this. Please help . . thank you!
    Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you .
    I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-26-2019 02:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What if you try to add your current Google account to the phone, then reboot, then see if there's an option to change the primary account to that current Google account. Then see if you can remove the old account.
    07-26-2019 04:00 PM
    Did you check from a pc what devices are still attached?
    07-26-2019 05:07 PM
    You can't remove the only Google account on the phone so, as B. Diddy said, add your current account, then delete the old account. (There has to be at least one Google account on the phone.)
    07-26-2019 05:33 PM
    You can't remove the only Google account on the phone so, as B. Diddy said, add your current account, then delete the old account. (There has to be at least one Google account on the phone.)
    There's something I'm missing here. I'm able to remove the last Google account on my device before a factory reset.
    07-26-2019 06:49 PM
    There's something I'm missing here. I'm able to remove the last Google account on my device before a factory reset.
    Can to your Google account see what devices are listed and delete them .
    07-26-2019 07:47 PM
    Can to your Google account see what devices are listed and delete them .
    Stop copying me
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-26-2019 08:13 PM
    Stop copying me
    Sorry if I did , long day in this heat lol
    07-26-2019 08:19 PM
    Yeah, I can as well -- it might depend on the device. I recall another thread where there was a discussion about being able to change the primary Google account on a phone. I originally didn't think it could be done without formally removing the original primary account and then factory resetting, but others said it could be done easily (I'd never tried myself).
    07-26-2019 08:21 PM
    We're on the same page. The op though must have figured it out as they've not replied.
    07-26-2019 08:22 PM
    We're on the same page. The op though must have figured it out as they've not replied.
    Possible
    07-26-2019 08:24 PM
    That's something I'm going to have to look into next month, when the update comes out. It used to be that there was no way to delete it if there was only 1, but with FRP, there must be a way. Cancel my comment, I guess.
    07-27-2019 01:07 PM
    Yeah, I can as well -- it might depend on the device. I recall another thread where there was a discussion about being able to change the primary Google account on a phone. I originally didn't think it could be done without formally removing the original primary account and then factory resetting, but others said it could be done easily (I'd never tried myself).

That I'd like to know, because the way my Pixel got set up, my secondary account is now my primary account. I'd love to switch them without having to remove the secondary, tertiary and quaternary accounts, them put them back in the order I prefer.
    07-27-2019 01:11 PM
    That I'd like to know, because the way my Pixel got set up, my secondary account is now my primary account. I'd love to switch them without having to remove the secondary, tertiary and quaternary accounts, them put them back in the order I prefer.
    You have 2 Google accounts on your pixel?
    07-27-2019 02:00 PM
    Should be able to remove any and all.
    07-27-2019 02:04 PM
    He can set 1 to be default and leave both also
    07-27-2019 02:04 PM
    You have 2 Google accounts on your pixel?
    Four (for 4 Hangouts numbers). But the secondary account is listed first, and everything defaults to it.

I don't want to remove any, I just want to switch one and 2 (out of 4). I know I can delete them all, then put them back in the order I want, and maybe, if I'm in airplane mode, that won't affect what's on the cloud, but backing up everything on the cloud is going to take drive space I can't afford, even for an hour.
    07-27-2019 02:17 PM
    Under back up choose the account you want that should list it as primary
    07-27-2019 02:22 PM
    But does setting a primary backup account also mean that's the primary account for the phone itself (e.g., if Factory Reset Protection is activated, will it ask for that account's password)?
    07-27-2019 04:08 PM
    But does setting a primary backup account also mean that's the primary account for the phone itself (e.g., if Factory Reset Protection is activated, will it ask for that account's password)?
    Yes
    07-27-2019 04:12 PM
    That's something I'm going to have to look into next month, when the update comes out. It used to be that there was no way to delete it if there was only 1, but with FRP, there must be a way. Cancel my comment, I guess.
    I was referring to removing all based on the OP
    07-29-2019 09:50 PM
    If you deleted that Google account, my advice is re- open it because that's the only way your going to restore the phone from factory restore or any other security features you will encounter, should of never deleted until you used a new one as default, and no way to bypass it.
    07-29-2019 09:58 PM
    I was referring to removing all based on the OP
    So was I. Removing 3 of the 4 would be no problem, but you used to lose the ability to lose the only one on the phone, as I recall, so you could delete only 1 less than the number you had. But I haven't deleted any Google accounts since FRP was instituted (and Gmail accounts used to be listed separately from Google accounts, weren't they?
    07-30-2019 12:29 PM
    So was I. Removing 3 of the 4 would be no problem, but you used to lose the ability to lose the only one on the phone, as I recall, so you could delete only 1 less than the number you had. But I haven't deleted any Google accounts since FRP was instituted (and Gmail accounts used to be listed separately from Google accounts, weren't they?
    All I can tell you is that all accounts have too and can be removed prior to selling a device to the next owner. It's been that way for awhile now.... Don't remember when it started
    07-31-2019 03:12 PM