I got a samsung galaxy S7 from my friend, as she doesn't use it anymore, I did a wipe but now I can't activate any google account, it keeps asking for the previous account but that account also doesn't work, how can I fix this?
    07-26-2019 02:18 PM
    Your friend's account SHOULD work, then it would need to be properly reset (remove the account and reset the device from within Settings) before your account can be added.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-26-2019 02:29 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! As hallux said, it's a simple matter of asking your friend to help you log into her account using her Google password. Then go to Settings>Accounts, remove her Google account, and then do another factory reset. That's the proper way to do a factory reset and avoid Factory Reset Protection.

If your friend can't or won't help you, then you're stuck (and presumably she's no longer your friend). This is a security measure, and we can't help you bypass it.
    hallux likes this.
    07-26-2019 02:37 PM