My family and I are going to go to visit Australia and are figuring out phone stuff. My Mom uses an S8 from Boost Mobile. She got it within the past few months but has used Boost for a long time. Anyway, I am going to get Google Fi for my pixel to use down under, but I was wondering if there would be a way to unlock my mother's phone, set it to Google Fi, and when we get back, set it back to using the Boost plan she is on. Is this possible?
    07-26-2019 10:45 PM
    Replying here because I forgot to make an account before posting the question lol!

Edit: Adding some info. The phone is a used phone bought through the Boost site.
    07-26-2019 10:48 PM
    Here's the unlock policy for Boost - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=1L3hAOwR If she meets the requirements set forth in that policy then they should have no problem unlocking the device.

I don't know specifically what model of S8 Boost sells (if it's different from others) but that model will need to support usage on T-Mobile for this to even work as any devices not designed for Fi will only work on T-Mobile towers. Boost, if I recall, is a Sprint MVNO.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-26-2019 10:48 PM
    Replying here because I forgot to make an account before posting the question lol!
    Welcome. There actually is no need to have created the account, unless you wanted to reply and interact with us (and we would have provided the instructions as I did above)...
    07-26-2019 10:49 PM