Why is my camera taking foggy pics

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a galaxy M20 and broke the screen, i replaced it and after that i noticed the rear cameras (mostly the ultrawide) are taking very foggy pictures out of nowhere, i cleaned the lens and all it's still foggy. Basically if i am in a dark spot and there is a strong light somewhere it will just get bright all around it like it's dirty

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a galaxy M20 and broke the screen, i replaced it and after that i noticed the rear cameras (mostly the ultrawide) are taking very foggy pictures out of nowhere, i cleaned the lens and all it's still foggy. Basically if i am in a dark spot and there is a strong light somewhere it will just get bright all around it like it's dirty
Hi if you can register a account, we be happy to assist you.
I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Basically if i am in a dark spot and there is a strong light somewhere it will just get bright all around it like it's dirty
That's called flare, and it's usually due to a lens defect. When you dropped the phone, breaking the lens, you could have introduced the tiniest crack, bubble or other defect in a lens (and by tiny, I mean something of the order of 2.3622 X 10^-5 inch [6000 Angstrom units]). That would mean taking pictures with all possible combinations of lenses, until you figure out which lens it is - then having that camera module replaced.