LG G5 phone storage rapidly filled up.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I have a T-Mobile LG G5.

Earlier today I was recording a video on my phone, and then about 5 mins after, when I went to whatsapp the video to a friend, the phone started throwing storage full errors left and right. I checked the phone storage and it was near full, when before it was at ~2GB free. The videos were saved to an SD card, and even after removing them I still have a phone with only 70MB of space left on the phone.

The videos were recorded in UHD mode.

Anyone know what occurred or how to fix this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I have a T-Mobile LG G5.

Earlier today I was recording a video on my phone, and then about 5 mins after, when I went to whatsapp the video to a friend, the phone started throwing storage full errors left and right. I checked the phone storage and it was near full, when before it was at ~2GB free. The videos were saved to an SD card, and even after removing them I still have a phone with only 70MB of space left on the phone.

The videos were recorded in UHD mode.

Anyone know what occurred or how to fix this?
Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am quite sure that the video was recorded to the SD card, but that is a moot point as the video has been transferred to my PC from the SD card
Ok sounds like it is on the SD card then , but double check your gallery to see if it's in both places SD card and gallery.
Thats what I'm thinking as you said you had 2gb left of storage then got notification it's almost full after the video you took.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you have 2GB of internal storage free? A full storage error refers to internal storage, not to the SD card. (And there may be some files saved to internal storage when you record a video to the SD card.) 2GB free internal storage isn't enough in 2019. And with a 32GB phone, you shouldn't be that tight on storage. The only things that should be in the user space in internal storage (internal storage is partitioned - you get only 1 of those partitions to store or install things on, Android uses the rest of them) are apps and the data they store, if they don't have a way of storing their data to the SD card. Everything else, on a 32GB phone, should be on the SD card. (If 512GB isn't enough to store everything you need available at all times, you're doing something wrong. Maybe in 2039, not in 2019.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781