This is a long standing issue with many phones-as evident in Google searches, thousands of people have been frustrated with this "feature". Basically when the phone reaches full charge (or low battery) it wakes up and puts out a loud beep. This is incredibly annoying for people who sleep by their phones.

I'm a simple man; I want a sturdy, reliable phone with good battery life and a good camera. I just don't want to deal with one that's gonna wake me up every night.

I have a galaxy s4, what's my next phone?
    07-28-2019 08:39 PM
    This is a long standing issue with many phones-as evident in Google searches, thousands of people have been frustrated with this "feature". Basically when the phone reaches full charge (or low battery) it wakes up and puts out a loud beep. This is incredibly annoying for people who sleep by their phones.

I'm a simple man; I want a sturdy, reliable phone with good battery life and a good camera. I just don't want to deal with one that's gonna wake me up every night.

I have a galaxy s4, what's my next phone?
    Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-28-2019 09:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Pixel phones don't give you a fully charged tone. And they have one of the best cameras around, if not the​ best.
    Laura Knotek and Morty2264 like this.
    07-29-2019 12:21 AM
    I don't think that any phone I've ever owned or used has beeped on reaching full charge.
    07-29-2019 05:47 AM
    My suggestion is not to charge overnight in the first place. Extended time above ~75% can reduce the long term capacity of the battery. It wasn't such a big deal with user replaceable batteries, but most phones now have sealed batteries that are expensive/risky (depending if you have a shop do it or try yourself) and time consuming to replace. This article goes more in depth on best practices for Li-ion batteries.

https://batteryuniversity.com/index....ased_batteries
    07-29-2019 07:33 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I too was going to suggest the Pixel line - my Google Pixel 2 does not make a chime when the battery has been fully charged.
    07-29-2019 09:28 AM
    @Mooncatt You're not serious are you? Forget the fact that the reduction on battery life is absolutely negligible, some people need a fully charged phone in the morning to go to work, and they need their phone at night in case they receive urgent calls, or to use the phone as an alarm clock.

"Don't charge in the first place" is a seriously stupid response.
    08-09-2019 11:39 PM
    @Mooncatt You're not serious are you? Forget the fact that the reduction on battery life is absolutely negligible, some people need a fully charged phone in the morning to go to work, and they need their phone at night in case they receive urgent calls, or to use the phone as an alarm clock.

"Don't charge overnight in the first place" is a seriously stupid response.
    (Fixed your quote)

I'm guessing you didn't read the article? There's a very good case for following best practices when possible. Negligible battery life reduction? I killed a battery in 6 months before I learned about Li-ion batteries and how to treat them.

So how many people do you know whose only time to charge a phone is at night? Put it on the charger during dinner and that can easily get you until morning, when you can provide a topping charge before work. If that doesn't get you through the day, charge during lunch breaks or whatever. Yes, it takes more effort, but it's not that hard, and can save you an arm and a leg cost of replacing the battery prematurely.

You're free to have your opinion of my advice, but I can at least say that advice is backed up by facts and experience.
    08-10-2019 12:04 AM
    Sorry about the quote mistake-but I still stand by my point.

Your advice isn't backed up by evidence, it's by anecdote. I've had a Lithium ion battery for four YEARS that I charge every single night and only recently it began to fail on me. What you're saying is a myth; modern batteries do not ever overcharge or have a function to stop battery damage when it gets full. That's absurd.

The whole point of this entire thread was very simple: a phone that doesn't needlessly wake up it's users in the middle of the night because the phone finished charging. It's an extremely annoying yet easy to solve problem, manufacturers need to give a simple check box option to disable it.

Regardless of your views on battery life, the fact is there are people that need to sleep by their phone and keep it charged. Just look at the results from our forum alone. https://www.google.com/search?client...4dUDCAo&uact=5
    08-10-2019 12:50 PM
    What you're saying is a myth; modern batteries do not ever overcharge or have a function to stop battery damage when it gets full. That's absurd.
    The charger (the chip in the phone, not the power supply that some people call "the charger") stops the charge at 100% - but it can fail.

The whole point of this entire thread was very simple: a phone that doesn't needlessly wake up it's users in the middle of the night because the phone finished charging.
    Android isn't built that way - but there are ways of disabling that beep.

It's an extremely annoying yet easy to solve problem, manufacturers need to give a simple check box option to disable it.
    Or, since it's part of Android, Google does. But, as I said, there are ways of disabling it.

And "seriously stupid" doesn't belong in this forum.
    08-10-2019 01:01 PM