My granddaughters uses icloud address to send and receive text messages. They do not have telephone numbers. I have a note 8 and can not send or receive these messages from either one of them. Is there a setting in my telephone to make this work? My husband has an iphone and has no problems receiving or sending text messages from either of them,
    07-29-2019 03:15 PM
    You can only send an email to those addresses, not a text message. You'd have to use your email address. Or would need to use iMessage, which you can't on Android
    07-29-2019 03:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that when your granddaughters try to send you a text using their iCloud email address, it doesn't even show up in your text messaging app? Do you know if anyone else with an Android phone has this same trouble? Since your husband's iPhone uses iMessage (which is a proprietary platform separate from SMS), that's probably why he can get messages (since there will be tighter integration between iCloud and iMessage).
    07-29-2019 09:22 PM