Why isn't my emoji search option working?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone just recently updated to Android 9.0 (Pie) and I noticed on my emoji section a small magnifying glass. I was pleased to see how easy it was to search for emojis. Recently however, (not even a full week after the update installment) every time I type something in it will automatically read "No results found." I have tested this with using descriptive words, the exact names of the emojis, and even just a single letter. But to no avail. Nowhere have I seen any questions asking about this so I thought I might ask. Does anyone know some sort of solution to this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154
My phone just recently updated to Android 9.0 (Pie) and I noticed on my emoji section a small magnifying glass. I was pleased to see how easy it was to search for emojis. Recently however, (not even a full week after the update installment) every time I type something in it will automatically read "No results found." I have tested this with using descriptive words, the exact names of the emojis, and even just a single letter. But to no avail. Nowhere have I seen any questions asking about this so I thought I might ask. Does anyone know some sort of solution to this?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Are you using Gboard or some other keyboard app. In Gboard long pressing the smiley/comma key will bring up the emojis.

2076f1c874f60f8b88d2f352a6b3db26.jpg
e9a786e31c607a1c20ebabc23b6c240f.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz