I fly model aircraft, and would like an app to turn an old smartphone into a security camera to show conditions at the flying field. Call it phoneA. Then members can phone up phoneA with their phones and see an up to date photo.

PhoneA can be pay as you go because it will not be making calls only receiving them and would therefore only cost about $10 per year to run. If members call then it is their cost and their problem.

Note only cell phone access not Wi-Fi or internet access available at phonA site.

All the apps I have found require PhoneA to have made the call or be connect to the cloud/internet.

Any ideas please?
    07-31-2019 04:29 PM
    Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    I fly model aircraft, and would like an app to turn an old smartphone into a security camera to show conditions at the flying field. Call it phoneA. Then members can phone up phoneA with their phones and see an up to date photo.

PhoneA can be pay as you go because it will not be making calls only receiving them and would therefore only cost about $10 per year to run. If members call then it is their cost and their problem.

Note only cell phone access not Wi-Fi or internet access available at phonA site.

All the apps I have found require PhoneA to have made the call or be connect to the cloud/internet.

Any ideas please?
    07-31-2019 04:32 PM
    Pretty sure that a data connection (cellular or wifi) will be needed to send the photo to the caller's phone.

You might be able to setup a scripted process (like Tasker or similar app) where an incoming SMS message triggers a job to take the photo, resize the photo down to 600 KB, send the photo back to the number as an MMS message. However, the MMS message will require a data connection.
    07-31-2019 05:19 PM
    Yea Just trying to find a way for the user to pay for it. Good cell service, just don't want to pay for any data on the phoneA.
    08-01-2019 12:17 AM
    What happened to the old dial up modem? My app phones the other end and the other end answers and sends a photo back. It doesn't have to be quick, just cheap.
    08-01-2019 12:37 AM