Samsung S7- Call app- direct call option?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am in Phone App. I want to call someone who is in my contacts or has called me recently. When I select their name, it should call them immediately. instead the stupid thing is does a drop down and gives me 3 options -- phone icon, Message icon and Details.

WHY?

If I want to message, i will go to message app. this is a phone app. I simply want to call someone.

is there a way to configure it so that the phone app will just dial the damn number that is associated with that individual-- in the phone app?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am in Phone App. I want to call someone who is in my contacts or has called me recently. When I select their name, it should call them immediately. instead the stupid thing is does a drop down and gives me 3 options -- phone icon, Message icon and Details.

WHY?

If I want to message, i will go to message app. this is a phone app. I simply want to call someone.

is there a way to configure it so that the phone app will just dial the damn number that is associated with that individual-- in the phone app?
Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A partial solution is to create a Direct Dial widget on your homescreen for your contact. I do that for my frequently called contacts -- I created Direct Dial widgets for each of them and put them in a folder on my homescreen. Direct Dial is a one-touch widget, so tapping it will immediately call that contact.

You can't do this for anyone who isn't in your Contacts app (e.g., numbers in your Phone app's Recent Calls list that aren't in your Contacts).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Remember, Contacts isn't Phone and it isn't Messages, it's a separate app - and doesn't know if you want to call or text a contact. (Android could keep 3 totally separate Contacts apps, one that runs if you're in the Phone app, one that runs if you're in the Text app, one that runs if you run Contacts. all using the same database, but that's a waste of the space of 2 apps, to keep you from one finger tap.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary