? teeny blue "contact" icons overlaying bottom right of contacts on home screen ?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

In the process of setting up my new Moto 7, I set 4 contacts to display on my home screen. All 4 of them have a small "contacts" icon in their lower right quadrant. On my old Moto 5g+, one of the contacts has the little icon overlay, but the other 3 don't. What does the overlay mean, and can I get rid of it?

Thanks!
KR

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In the process of setting up my new Moto 7, I set 4 contacts to display on my home screen. All 4 of them have a small "contacts" icon in their lower right quadrant. On my old Moto 5g+, one of the contacts has the little icon overlay, but the other 3 don't. What does the overlay mean, and can I get rid of it?

Thanks!
KR
Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The contact icon is standard for Direct Dial widgets on the homescreen. On your older G5 Plus, do you remember if you were using Direct Dial/Contact widgets for each of those homescreen shortcuts?

kinryuu

May 8, 2018
Visit site
OK, logged in. I have no idea if I used Direct Dial widgets on the G5. But on the G7, I jest went into the contact and selected the "add to home screen" option. Is there another way to get them on the home screen without the needless overlay?

Thanks,
KR

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK, logged in. I have no idea if I used Direct Dial widgets on the G5. But on the G7, I jest went into the contact and selected the "add to home screen" option. Is there another way to get them on the home screen without the needless overlay?

Thanks,
KR
When you long press the contact does it give more options ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol